• Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Philippines
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

I was just going through both of these frameworks T3 (by JoomlaArts) and Gantry. I have noticed that TF contains files created with both frameworks.

My question is that which one is better for making a complex website in Joomla ?

I am looking for comparison based on – ease of use, ease of editing the styling, ease of creating multiple styles and most importantly ease of distrbution and ease in editing the content for the end user.

Gantry has a wordpress version too but I don’t think that themes would be portable from joomla to WP.

Or Is there any other (better) framework?

thanks!

16 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Turkey
leventusta says

I was just going through both of these frameworks T3 (by JoomlaArts) and Gantry. I have noticed that TF contains files created with both frameworks.

My question is that which one is better for making a complex website in Joomla ?

I am looking for comparison based on – ease of use, ease of editing the styling, ease of creating multiple styles and most importantly ease of distrbution and ease in editing the content for the end user.

Gantry has a wordpress version too but I don’t think that themes would be portable from joomla to WP.

Or Is there any other (better) framework?

thanks!

I use T3 framework. it is better than Gantry.

1 post
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
iLLeT says

I haven’t created a template with them, but some difference is that T3 comes with great menus: Megamenu, Split, dropline, moomenu; while Gantry doesn’t their RokNavmenu is commercial and does not come with Gantry, so you will have to use the default, or 3rd party menu extension.

T3 is mobile ready, and Gantry is only Iphone ready. They are going to make it mobile ready, but I haven’t heard when exactly.

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Philippines
+1 more
dexterous says

Thanks leventusta and iLLeT

Though I have already started on Gantry, I will have to give T3 a try based on your comments.

by
by
by
by
by
by