I found that popular lightbox plugins on TF were PrettyPhoto, Colorbox and Fancy lightbox. Probably, prettyPhoto is the most popular one.
Could anyone please help me to figure it out advantages and disadvantages of each one? And why people prefer to use prettyPhoto? Does it because top themes like Avada, uDesign use it?
prettyPhoto last update was a long time ago. On my recent themes I’m using this one http://dimsemenov.com/plugins/magnific-popup/
It seems to do everything that’s needed even on mobile devices.
Thank you, Pirenko. The plugin you recommend sounds very interesting. I’ll consider using it. dimsemenov is also the author of famous Royal Slider, so I think his lightbox plugin should be good as his slider plugin.
- Author was Featured
- Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Referred between 200 and 499 users
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Author had a Free File of the Month