924 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

If you had the world’s most frustrating internet speed that meant using up valuable work time waiting to upload promo material to places like Creattica, Dribbble, Forrst, Behance and DeviantArt etc. and upkeep the portfolios, and you had to choose one, or two, of these to stay with, which ones would you keep and why. Are they geared differently for different kinds of design, or are they all an average mixture?

941 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

Honestly, especially in your situation, none. It just wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion.

331 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
CRSDesign says

If there was a way to track where the recerrals came from most then you could make an educated choice, otherwise it’s just a stab in the dark unfortunately. What connection speed are you on?

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

If there was a way to track where the recerrals came from most then you could make an educated choice, otherwise it’s just a stab in the dark unfortunately. What connection speed are you on?

I haven’t used that measure thingy but we worked out that in 30 days we can’t use more than 10GB… that’s ridiculous. I can make a cup of coffee while waiting for GR, gmail and Forrst to download in three tabs.

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

Honestly, especially in your situation, none. It just wouldn’t be worth it in my opinion.

Thanks, i often suspect this. Anyone who knows the ‘others’ already must surely know Envato, so it is pretty much a closed community all round. But they say that ‘advertising’ is more about constant reminders, especially nowadays with such short and changing attention spans. I will stick with Forrst (thanks Giallo) and Behance.

331 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
CRSDesign says

I haven’t used that measure thingy but we worked out that in 30 days we can’t use more than 10GB… that’s ridiculous. I can make a cup of coffee while waiting for GR, gmail and Forrst to download in three tabs.

That sounds painfully slow, have you considered making your own website to feature your work and getting referrals that way? That’s what I do, I just can’t really spare the time to get involved in the design community websites. Takes a bit of setting up, but once it’s done it’s easy.

924 posts
+5 more
joiaco says

I have a blog but it is really just a repetition of my GR content. I mean i have never worked as a designer or had clients or anything – i am just an experimenter here on GR, not really qualified to do much professionally outside of what i have here in my portfolio. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I shall simply improve on my patience levels and drink more coffee.

by
by
by
by
by
by