• Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
laranz says

Hi,

I don’t know about that builder license, but you can set your items GPL license in http://themeforest.net/user/ThemePalette/preferences/author_settings

Please read this Knowledgebase article carefully to understand the implications of choosing 100% GPL for your items.

154 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
ThemeVan says
Remember to read their license:
= Can I bundle Page Builder with my theme? = Yes, provided your theme is licensed under GPL or a compatible license. If you’re publishing your theme on ThemeForest, you must select the GPL license instead of their regular license.

Does they mean that I must select 100% GPL in author setting? To be honest, I’m not quite understand what’s different about regular license and GPL license… :(

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
loveetc says

= Can I bundle Page Builder with my theme? = Yes, provided your theme is licensed under GPL or a compatible license. If you’re publishing your theme on ThemeForest, you must select the GPL license instead of their regular license.
Does they mean that I must select 100% GPL in author setting? To be honest, I’m not quite understand what’s different about regular license and GPL license… :(

If you select GPL licence for your item on TF, any buyer can resell it or distribute it for free or do whatever he wants.

154 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
ThemeVan says

If you select GPL licence for your item on TF, any buyer can resell it or distribute it for free or do whatever he wants.

Oh, It seems that I can’t use that plugin, because it’s require GPL license… What’s a pity!

385 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
EugeneO says

From my understanding you can use the Site Origin page builder plugin with your themes sold on ThemeForest as the license only stipulates that you can’t bundle it (hardcode it) into the theme.

If you make your theme compatible with the plugin with custom CSS styles and either inform buyers that it is compatible or even use the TGM activation plugin to recommend buyers install it you should be fine. This paragraph from their website seems to support this:

That said, I’d suggest just encouraging your users to install Page Builder from the WordPress plugin repo. This will ensure they stay up to date with the latest version of Page Builder. It’s an actively developed plugin with almost weekly updates and bug fixes
154 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
ThemeVan says

From my understanding you can use the Site Origin page builder plugin with your themes sold on ThemeForest as the license only stipulates that you can’t bundle it (hardcode it) into the theme.

If you make your theme compatible with the plugin with custom CSS styles and either inform buyers that it is compatible or even use the TGM activation plugin to recommend buyers install it you should be fine. This paragraph from their website seems to support this:

That said, I’d suggest just encouraging your users to install Page Builder from the WordPress plugin repo. This will ensure they stay up to date with the latest version of Page Builder. It’s an actively developed plugin with almost weekly updates and bug fixes

Simply saying, I can use it for my themeforest items, but I can’t intergrate it into the theme, right? Can I put it in my main package and upload it to themeforest?

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

^ No, you can’t. You can use TGM activation and make your theme compatible with the plugin.

154 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
ThemeVan says

^ No, you can’t. You can use TGM activation and make your theme compatible with the plugin.

You mean that I can put the page builder plugin into the TGM activation package and then upload it to the themeforest, that’s no problem, right?

154 posts ThemeVan
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
ThemeVan says

And is there any themes on themeforest used Page Builder siteOrigin plugin?

939 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Serbia
  • Exclusive Author
aleluja says

No, you can’t put that plugin in your download package (unless you choose 100% GPL). You can make your theme work with that plugin and with TGM activation class recommend the user to install page builder.

by
by
by
by
by
by