629 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VagrantRadio says

Doesn’t need to work in IE6 , It’s dead!

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

As much as I wish it were… It’s not dead… I work as a web developer at an ad agency and half the people downstairs on the sales team and the managers have IE6 and the other half have IE7 on their machines. If a website doesn’t show up correctly on one of their machines, they could care less when you explain to them about updating from ie6. It just doesn’t compute with them. Their response is just “Make it work.”

Plus it ads a little sales incentive for products on theme forest. A lot of customers on here are buying themes and using them for their clients or whatever.. and it makes it easier on them if they don’t have to explain to their clients why the website doesn’t show up in this mystical thing you call IE6 .

629 posts
+2 more
VagrantRadio says
As much as I wish it were… It’s not dead… I work as a web developer at an ad agency and half the people downstairs on the sales team and the managers have IE6 and the other half have IE7 on their machines. If a website doesn’t show up correctly on one of their machines, they could care less when you explain to them about updating from ie6. It just doesn’t compute with them. Their response is just “Make it work.”

I have the same problem at my work, and they get a nice “upgrade your browser” message like they do at youtube, amazon, twitter, etc, etc..

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
I have the same problem at my work, and they get a nice “upgrade your browser” message like they do at youtube, amazon, twitter, etc, etc..

What’s funny is at my work they don’t even give all the sales people and account managers the rights to install programs on their computers. So, when you tell them they should update, they can’t even do it.

629 posts
+2 more
VagrantRadio says
What’s funny is at my work they don’t even give all the sales people and account managers the rights to install programs on their computers. So, when you tell them they should update, they can’t even do it.

That’s the problem right there, sys admins locking people out and not updating their systems. If it weren’t for this, IE6 would more than likely be gone by now.

300 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
campuscodi says

I used TwinHelix myself too.

by
by
by
by