34 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
defonic says

Looking for some personal experience on JS Sliders from CC. Slider Revolution so far seems to be the best as far as text/caption transitions go.

Does anyone have any input on which one I should purchase? (Not for WP) Looking for something responsive,easy to implement and nice effects to implement into my next theme for sale.

Thanks.

438 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
christopherjon says

Slider Revolution seems to be the flavor of the month these days.

With that said, it’s a sad state of web development when a slider is required for a theme to be approved.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

With that said, it’s a sad state of web development when a slider is required for a theme to be approved.
This is complete tripe! ;)

Regarding to topic I would recommend Revolution Slider or LayerSlider.

707 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ChillThemes says

A theme only needs a good and solid design to be approved. A slider is only needed if you initially envisioned your project to include one. Check out jQuery OneByOne Slider Plugin by sike

34 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
defonic says

This why I am asking, you are completely correct. I’d hate to say it but seems like templates bundled with premium items are getting approval over templates without. I know I just knocked down the hornets nest with that comment but it’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it.

I think I will purchase Slider Revolution, Thanks for the input.

438 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United States
christopherjon says

This is complete tripe! ;) Regarding to topic I would recommend Revolution Slider or LayerSlider.

Tripe?

How many themes would be accepted without a silder?

How many websites actually require a slider?

They are neat, they serve a purpose and are severely over-used.

Design is important but more emphasis should be put on purpose, not flashy gizmos.

266 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Slider may has influence on how item sells but definitely not on a review process. Usually the problem is not the slider or features, but just in design.

138 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
x4er0 says

Slider may has influence on how item sells but definitely not on a review process. Usually the problem is not the slider or features, but just in design.

+100

2204 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
manuelvega says

Its true

962 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

Slider Revolution seems to be the flavor of the month these days. With that said, it’s a sad state of web development when a slider is required for a theme to be approved.

Em, no they don’t. My latest theme does not include a slider fyi.

by
by
by
by
by
by