1402 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

Do you think it’s better to have a large number of tracks to increase the chance of being in search results, or it’s better to keep just the sold tracks to avoid the awful “0 sales wall” into the first page of portfolio?

1556 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
SoundFix says

Well, I’ve only had 39 sales so far, and 19 of those are on 1 track! I have several tracks which have only sold once or not at all but I’m going to keep them. I think that if they are great quality, they will sell eventually to the right people, but if they are poor quality with no sales at all, then maybe get rid of them. I want people to listen to my portfolio and think, ‘great quality throughout this guys music, in all different styles.’ That’s my aim anyway, quality over quantity! I hope that helps you make your decision :)

WhyAudioTastesBetter
WhyAudioTastesBetter Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
WhyAudioTastesBetter says

The funny thing if I was a company looking to buy some tracks, I would want ones with low sales counts, especially if I were a larger corporation. I’d want to have something unique that everyone is not using! So I think leave the 0 sales tracks up. :)

1402 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
lucafrancini Envato team says

I leave them up (and of course I’m going to increase my portfolio) :D thanks!

708 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+3 more
LucaFormicola says

“Never say Never”: I’ve just sold for the first time a track I’ve uploaded on July..so once you upload a track, it “costs nothing” and you have “one more chance” to sell ;)

1020 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

Also, remember that we occasionally get item requests here on AJ, so it’s great when you have something fitting already in your portfolio.

I really don’t think that having zero sales tracks in your portfolio is much of a problem. Every track starts off with zero sales anyhow and it’s something that’s not that influential to the customer’s decision. What’s worse is having an under 5 star rating on a track – that’s when the real problems begin and when considering pulling tracks becomes a reality.

394 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Twisterium says

Definitely leave them! You will promote them after.

88 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
pietrogirardi says

I’m trying to keep a portfolio / sales ratio of 1:2 (that means an average of 2 sales per item in portfolio): I consider this an indicator of quality and profitability of my production. If it goes under this ratio, in my opinion it means I have to increase quality (or just change directions/style) of my productions.

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

Leave it up! I can’t think of any benefit whatsoever of removing a track for no other reason than it hasn’t sold…. yet.

We had a conversation similar to this one about 2 months ago… and just as I had added my reply, an extended license was sold on a previously un-touched track that had been sitting, dusty, and lonely for a few months. If I had removed it, I would have missed that sale.

I’ve got several tracks with 0 sales… but I know that someday, someone will want it… and they can’t license it if it’s not up!

1556 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
SoundFix says

Leave it up! I can’t think of any benefit whatsoever of removing a track for no other reason than it hasn’t sold…. yet.

We had a conversation similar to this one about 2 months ago… and just as I had added my reply, an extended license was sold on a previously un-touched track that had been sitting, dusty, and lonely for a few months. If I had removed it, I would have missed that sale.

I’ve got several tracks with 0 sales… but I know that someday, someone will want it… and they can’t license it if it’s not up!

Sums it up perfectly, +1,000,000 from me :)

by
by
by
by
by
by