• Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+5 more
KrownThemes says

In the latest few weeks i got quite a lot of support questions which started like this:

“My client want this” or “My client asked me to” or “My client is wondering if” ..

So i’m also wondering .. Who are these buyers who have absolutely no idea about simple CSS changes or HTML or PHP, but they have clients? How can you provide a web service if you are not a web developer and have no idea how to inspect the CSS or change a DOM element..

:D

Someone please edit the title of the thread to “who” [title edited – Dz]

7208 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

In the latest few weeks i got quite a lot of support questions which started like this:

“My client want this” or “My client asked me to” or “My client is wondering if” ..

So i’m also wondering .. Who are these buyers who have absolutely no idea about simple CSS changes or HTML or PHP, but they have clients? How can you provide a web service if you are not a web developer and have no idea how to inspect the CSS or change a DOM element..

:D

More than certain are the people who work on those crowdsourcing design websites. The client is scammed to think it will get xzillions of professional designers working on their projects for free but what they get is desperate people who know just to take some items from here and add the client logo on top of it.

When the client start asking for a particular change they need to come back to you and ask.

So yes the answer is: unprofessional designers who work for people who think they can save a dollar or two.

30 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PixelForces says

Yes, this is very annoying sometimes. They have clients from which they may charge at least x10 more of item price, but they can’t do even basic CSS fix, because they are totall dummies. And they never want to pay anything while asking “question” after “question” when it is actually a real customization.

30 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
PixelForces says

Mostly when I see their website in the email signature its called “Marketing Agency” or something similiar.

2441 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
digitalimpact says

Unfortunately, theme support does not cover customizations. I suggest hiring a freelancer for this job.

574 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
AlexFjord says

I feel sorry for clients – we have fixed issues with themes that people who found themselves in exactly this situation and asked for something relatively simple e.g. a different form field, some form of widget etc and the “developer” who “built” the theme for them is unable to do it.

We recently looked at a site for someone who complained that it was running incredibly slowly and taking forever to load with a few little display errors and so on- it was less than 3 months old and just wanted it to be tidied and work normally – the issue… over 20 different plugins many of which could do what some of the others were doing. God knows how there were not more conflicts! To make matters worse they had paid the “developer” for custom gallery coding. In all seriousness I could not find more than 2 changes from the original demo other than 1 color and the copy/images (which in a few cases were stretched!).

Unfortunately it is a combination of a lack of technical understanding, in some cases (not all) dishonesty on the part of the developer and in many cases as Doru said people trying to save money and cut corners and worst of all I am sure it gives professional developers or designers a bad name

by
by
by
by
by
by