91 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
cdogmx says
Well I have a dedicated server but it’s really not worth paying $300 a month anymore. Kind of a waste. I need a good host (non dedicated) that will allow me to have unlimited domain names and decent storage and bandwidth.

I was looking at globat.com but they want to annually charge and don’t know much about them.

Who have you had good experiences with?

I’m using bulehost and they claim to give

1. Unlimited Domain Hosting
  2. Unlimited GB Hosting Space
  3. Unlimited GB File Transfer

For 6.95/m

Anyway I also have a question. Why do we need dedicated hosting if any host gives this type of plan for 6.95/m.

What is the advantage using dedicated hosting other than this type of plan?

Well at the time I had a high traffic site pulling in about 1.5 mil. pageviews a day with a lot of images etc. A lot of the “unlimited” plans aren’t truly unlimited. They’ll give you the boot if you have a site using up all the servers resources.

p.s. Thanks for the recommendations.

91 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
cdogmx says
Anyway I also have a question. Why do we need dedicated hosting if any host gives this type of plan for 6.95/m. What is the advantage using dedicated hosting other than this type of plan?

I suspect that’s shared hosting. Shared is fine until you need to give your clients cpanel access or your site gets huge and ends up taking up too much of the server resources.

I use Hostgator, they’re really awesome. They sent me a gator mascot toy thing and their customer service is so good it should be illegal.

<—Hostgator fangirl

i was looking into them. they seem pretty solid.

284 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Shellbot says

Yeah I think there are cheaper around but I’ve been with them for years and they always used to help with ridiculous newbie questions without making me feel like a tool. Now they help with ridiculous intermediate questions :p

I doubt affiliate links are allowed here but if anyone wants to sign up with them, send me a message for my link and I’ll buy one of your items with my winnings :p (can’t blame a girl for trying)

218 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in Canada
+4 more
simonbouchard says

If you need a good VPS , contact me.

56 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
amandasmith86 says

I currently use Volusion and have been very happy with the service. It’s a very comprehensive solution that includes the merchant account along with the hosting services. The backend is very easy to use and the customer support is available 24×7 and very knowledgeable. You can check out our site Coastalroasters.com to get a feel for what is capable with a Volusion solution.

Im a nobody.. nobodys perfect.. therefore IM PERFECT !!!
3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
piegelo says

i also use strato, but sometimes my sites are pretty slow (not due to my doings!). i would start on hosteurope with any new site.

15 posts
    Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dreamwirenl says

I have my own dedicated server for € 1500 a year incl. SLA by Xynta.nl

2 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
ursacescu says
1208 posts The Last Man Standing
    Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Had an item featured on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

Oh, a three years old thread? You may get an updated list here:

http://themeforest.net/get_hosting

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Has referred 100+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
marcustaylor says

We have a VPS on Bluehost which costs about $30/month and is pretty awesome and has about 7-8 websites on, working out at around $3.75 per site (cheaper than their shared hosting).

Never had any down time, support is good, and the server is lightening fast.

It’s really handy if you use Wordpress for your sites as Bluehost have the one-click install, which can save a ton of time (more info: http://www.ventureharbour.com/how-to-build-website-using-wordpress-wix-shopify/).

Before using Bluehost I used Hosting24 who weren’t bad, but nowhere near as fast or good service as Bluehost.

by
by
by
by
by
by