110 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Catch22Music says
People!! relax! There is no need to act like little kids here. A forum is a place to say your opinion and hear other people’s opinion. If the others do not share the same opinion….. there is no need to start a fight here…..... Understand each other guys and show you are mature that way (Understanding and communication are the basis to a better world)
+1.. thanks hans I’m very relaxed, I also find it funny some blokes getting angry from 1 or 2 sentences and reply with a roman :D

You actually started all of this anger on this forum, so before you post next time, just stop and think what you are giong to say

110 posts
  • United Kingdom
Catch22Music says

OK lets get back to the topic in hand and move away from all the stupid pointless talk that has generated

Lets move on…..

So, the conclusion is that people think that a sliding scale for Non Exclusive authors would be a good idea?

So for example, a beginner author starts on 25%. Then, as they make more income, that percentage increases -

0 – $999 – 25% $1000 – $1999 – 26% $2000 – $2999 – 27%

And so on all the way up to 39%. That way, the Non exclusive authors can never be on the same percentage as the starting place for Exclusive authors.

If people think that this would be a good idea, we now need to think about what would be the best way forward to present this to Envato, moderators comments would be welcome here to suggest the best way forward of putting this idea to the people at the top that make the decisions.

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Catch,

If the suggestion you just wrote is something you’d like to be considered, write it up to support, and explain why you’re writing at the top, and also ask that it be considered by staff. Support will then assign a staff member to the ticket so they can review the suggestion and discuss it with the other members of the office.

110 posts
  • United Kingdom
Catch22Music says
Catch, If the suggestion you just wrote is something you’d like to be considered, write it up to support, and explain why you’re writing at the top, and also ask that it be considered by staff. Support will then assign a staff member to the ticket so they can review the suggestion and discuss it with the other members of the office.

Thanks Mark, will get onto that straight away!

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
OpticalEntropy says

IMHO , non-exclusive should be set at around 40% and exclusive should start at 50% and end at 75%.

30 posts
  • Belgium
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
inmotion says
First time I came on, I thought Envato were stealing money. But then you realise that, without ThemeForest, you’re template would get nowhere. Lol.

The thing is people are all over happy they can make a little bit of extra income here, and think they should be very grateful to Envato. But the fact is Envato should be grateful to all the authors here. Without them they would have no business and income at all. However, for most authors this is just a little bit of extra income, it’s not their main income, unlike Envato. So who should be grateful to who?

30 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
inmotion says
nobody is forcing you to be here.
Here we go again :(

Actually in a way they are. That is if you want to sell Flash stock items. They are by far the biggest Flash marketplace so if you want to sell Flash stock you have no choice than to sell here (exclusif or non-exclusif)

30 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
inmotion says
lol , meet someone from envato and take a room.
...thats what i told him so many times…send your resume to envato’s office finaly, i am sure they have your position ready there.

Maybe he already works there

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says
OK a new forum to debate this topic.

I am a composer working in West London, and have a large amount of tracks on Audio Jungle, all of which are selling well.

I am more than happy to give a share of this income to Audio Jungle which is only fair as they put all the money and effort into building and promoting the site.

I do feel however that 25% for non exclusive authors is far too low compared to many other stock music sites out there.

What do people think, do you think that this should be more???

Even if we consider it should be more, that’s not our decission to make. And by the way, if you’re a composer, what in the name of GOD are you doing on Envato? Ever heard about Timberland? Tiesto? Deejays? Those guys make more money in one night than one freelancer makes in a month.

Plan B.

Go exclusive.

Add 150 files, make 500.000$ of sales, and you’ll have 70% income. For a music developer that should be easy. I have some deejay friends that buy stock files from ENVATO , just because they are low price, high quality and gives them spare time.

Good luck mate! :D

1125 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
hansv says

for those non exclusive….. as far as I know you can have an exclusive account and another non exclusive account…

That way at least you get more money from some of your items.

by
by
by
by
by
by