+5 more
webinpixels says
374 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

I’ve seen some use CKEditor instead of TinyMCE. Personally, I think advantages of CK are somewhat outweighed by the loss of TinyMCE add-in compatibility. I still prefer TinyMCE myself.

Perhaps someone knows of a page builder that doesn’t embed the TinyMCE content editor in a modal but instead something more akin to an accordion style (non popup windowed) content editor block?

1473 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Perhaps someone knows of a page builder that doesn’t embed the TinyMCE content editor in a modal but instead something more akin to an accordion style (non popup windowed) content editor block?

We don’t use popup.

Instead, below each textarea you have “Edit in HTML mode” link ,which when clicked, brings in focus editor in full width (just like when you normally edit the posts).

Then you have save button below it, which returns you back to where you where, of course with content changed based on your input.

I’m talking about OneUp theme, by pixelentity

374 posts
WPWiseOwl says

Thanks for the tip! Very nice and certainly that’s the general idea. Though the video would seem to suggest it only supports mere text areas rather than a full TinyMCE (Rich Text) Content Editor functionality which is what I’d ideally want.

107 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
mailmilisku says

Noted!

1473 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Thanks for the tip! Very nice and certainly that’s the general idea. Though the video would seem to suggest it only supports mere text areas rather than a full TinyMCE (Rich Text) Content Editor functionality which is what I’d ideally want.
It supports full TinyMCE, screenshots: http://pbrd.co/JVKTE1 and after click: http://pbrd.co/JVL2HM
374 posts
WPWiseOwl says

I see. When you say “after click”, are you’re referring to the “Edit with HTML Editor” link? I would more expect to see HTML only editor rather than a WYSIWYG TinyMCE content editor that also allows HTML editing. However, that minor confusion isn’t really all that important if it does what I want. ;-)

1473 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

I see. When you say “after click”, are you’re referring to the “Edit with HTML Editor” link? I would more expect to see HTML only editor rather than a WYSIWYG TinyMCE content editor that also allows HTML editing. However, that minor confusion isn’t really all that important if it does what I want. ;-)
Yes, that’s what I mean. You can do the same on every textarea in the page builder.
374 posts
WPWiseOwl says

Sounds good. Is there any built-in way to default to the HTML Editor instead of the simpler text area (to eliminate the extra click / potential confusion)?

1473 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Sounds good. Is there any built-in way to default to the HTML Editor instead of the simpler text area (to eliminate the extra click / potential confusion)?

There is no option for that, but can be easily achieved by adding one line of code to one of the js files, we can help with that.

by
by
by
by
by
by