18 posts
  • Netherlands
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
marawa says

Dear All,

I find it really strange that Authors talk to me like that? i am a buyer!? my responsibility!?

I bought more then 150 items here and never had this problem! When my virus scanner is blocking a file, it is not for nothing!

I get the feeling that my tread is not appreciated by the authors of Envato and that is really a shame, you guys should help you customers not downgrade them in public, Especially when you don’t know what youre talking about.

this is really disappointing

Marawa

200 posts Marketplace Support
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Attended a Community Meetup
MhW Staff says

Hey Marawa,

I’ve just contacted you regarding this, and would love to help get down to the bottom of things.

If you could check your inbox and get back to me, that would be awesome!

Thanks, Christian :)

18 posts
  • Netherlands
marawa says

Hello Christian!

Nice to hear that! just send you a email

Cheers, Marawa

18 posts
  • Netherlands
marawa says

So that’s the reason I asked the members of this forum, I suppose there would be someone who experienced the same or similar problems?

all items the buyers download are checked by envato staff. I’m sure one step they do is to verify that the file is clean and doesn’t have viruses or other type of mallware.

the author flagged your comments because he may lose sales when there’s a possibility his item has no issues

What if is just your antivirus heuristic search set too high? The antivirus think certain PHP or Javascript functions (I’m assuming is wordpress theme) are a threat where there’s no problem.

The big problem here is envato support reaction time.

what is the antivirus message?

@doru

I understand that he is afraid of losing sales! But he just told me that my my intentions are not good!? i think that is really strange! i bought his product!

I will not post the virus scanner message here, Then everybody would know which Author i am talking about :evil:

Cheers,

Marawa

1067 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
ImanGM says

Hello Marawa,

You are lucky. Christian is a support super hero and I believe that he will find a solution for you :)

I’m one of the authors here that feel so responsible to my clients but if someone write on my items comment page that your item has viruses in it. I would flag it immediately and then investigate the issue. Because if even it’s your antivirus that is sending false alerts to you, I’ll loose some good sales in at least next 2 days because of this comment.

IMHO, the best thing to do is to contact the author directly for such things that we are not sure what’s the real problem… This way he/she will be able to fix the issue (if it’s on his side) and provide you even better customer service in the future. :)

Cheers

18 posts
  • Netherlands
marawa says

Hello Marawa,

You are lucky. Christian is a support super hero and I believe that he will find a solution for you :)

I’m one of the authors here that feel so responsible to my clients but if someone write on my items comment page that your item has viruses in it. I would flag it immediately and then investigate the issue. Because if even it’s your antivirus that is sending false alerts to you, I’ll loose some good sales in at least next 2 days because of this comment.

IMHO, the best thing to do is to contact the author directly for such things that we are not sure what’s the real problem… This way he/she will be able to fix the issue (if it’s on his side) and provide you even better customer service in the future. :)

Cheers

You are 100% right, i commented : it may be a false alarm, so i think i did it the right way, and YES! contacting the author with a PM is the better way!

339 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
StencilMedia says

Yeah, I’m a buyer as well, and I’m not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it… but being under the impression that you can do no wrong, purely because you’re a buyer, just comes across as really arrogant.

I’ve bought 380 items here and if there’s a problem with downloading something, then I’d be open to all possibilities… including problems that might be a result of the author, the file, Envato, my ISP or my computer. You’ve been given potential reasons for why you can;t download the files, I’ve given you another reason for why you might not be able to download the files. But as that reason might result in the fault lying with your system/setup/equipment… you become defensive and dismiss the possibility.

I do honestly hope that you manage to get this sorted. We’re all her to buy and/or sell stuff at the end of the day and if we cant do that then it causes problems. I just feel that things might go more smoothly if you get rid of the “I’m a buyer, how dare you speak to me?!” attitude.

5366 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Superstar
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

^ what he said !

18 posts
  • Netherlands
marawa says

Just to clarify I just got a email from support, They detected a threat in one of the files and forwarded this to their Review Team for further clarification!

18 posts
  • Netherlands
marawa says

Yeah, I’m a buyer as well, and I’m not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it… but being under the impression that you can do no wrong, purely because you’re a buyer, just comes across as really arrogant.

I’ve bought 380 items here and if there’s a problem with downloading something, then I’d be open to all possibilities… including problems that might be a result of the author, the file, Envato, my ISP or my computer. You’ve been given potential reasons for why you can;t download the files, I’ve given you another reason for why you might not be able to download the files. But as that reason might result in the fault lying with your system/setup/equipment… you become defensive and dismiss the possibility.

I do honestly hope that you manage to get this sorted. We’re all her to buy and/or sell stuff at the end of the day and if we cant do that then it causes problems. I just feel that things might go more smoothly if you get rid of the “I’m a buyer, how dare you speak to me?!” attitude.

Dear All,

“how dare you speak to me?! Attitude?” you are totally transforming my words!? What is wrong with you?

You become defensive and dismiss the possibility?? Not true I told the author that this is a possibility that you are referring to!

I am very confused, my topic was opened with a question, and not to debate my Attitude or arrogance! ?

I am totally shock by the way some people response here on topics, I was all those years under the impression that I was dealing with professionals, and to all the authors in question, this is not the way to communicate with clients or non clients!

I learned my lesson Do not asks questions or complain, it is not appreciated.I will spend my last money on account and find a better place to go!

For all the people who where helpful over the past years Thank You

Cheers,

Marawa

by
by
by
by
by
by