23 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
solo1artist says

Hello there, solo1artist reporting. Hey all, for those looking to find out who I am. I am a Flash Technical artist for a proclaimed game company and a part-time Flash, Flex, AIR news blogger. I would really like to become a Flashden file creator but simply do not have the time.

I take part on demonstrating the cool flash components that Flashden and other components sites like Flashloaded, AFComponents offer. There is no harm in spreading the word about cool projects like these.

Frankly, if you feel offended that I chose to promote Flashden or popular files, then you are totally missing the whole point of the Flashden community. As a matter of fact the Flash community is all about spreading the word and referral or no referral, I will continue spreading the word.

23 posts
+1 more
solo1artist says

Also, the referral program is meant to promote Flashden and its products. Referrals do not take away from anybodies sales and in fact, many purchases are made through referrals. In turn, more money in the pockets of content creators.

773 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
GARRO says

you are still making money of a file thats not yours…

but on the other hand….

I, personally, am not gonna upload any of my proyects to A/Exchange… I dont think they are as good as the topsellers…

So if a lazy author like me is not gonna upload the files to adobe, then others can do it…

It would be nice to receive an email asking for permission.

My 2 cents

5978 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

solo1artist,

It is fine as long as you promote the files that belongs to certain category. For example if you promote only AS3 files on an AS3 focused community or promote only the galleries where it is in demand. But it seems you do focus only on promoting the best selling files (regardless of any specific categories) which infact cause problems for search results of FD items and their authers (As the buyer forced to go through another website, before they reach to what they searched for). I mention this because many of the top selling files will obviously listed in the first page of google search just due FD’s traffic.

By the way, I will not disagree on your efforts but requesting you to get permission from authers before adding future files.

23 posts
+1 more
solo1artist says

I can respect the fact that content creators would like to be notified prior to the exposure. Also, if you noticed any of your components posted on Flash Speaks Actionscript and would like them removed. I have no problem doing so. Going forward I will contact the author for permission prior to any exposure.

3256 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

This is an absurd discussion in my opinion… there is a lot of confusion about the author program and the referral program… authors need to remember that when they upload a file that file is 50 to 75 percent of flashden business, so is in flashden interest to promote these files in any way possible because this is their main business… this is why they do a referral program… if authors want to earn money also from referrals they just need to promote any product and the whole community as everybody can do…

when a person link to your file is promoting your file for you and it’s right to give them a commission for this, because remember that they build blogs, invest time in promoting and let people all over the world know about your file… this is simply advertising… thanks to them your sales can go better and better….

GARRO is wrong when he says: “you are still making money of a file thats not yours…” because he’s not making money from the product but from the advertising that he does…

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

...and I think that flashden disagree with those that want to be asked for promoting their files because in this way you are going against flashden business…

3213 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says
when a person link to your file is promoting your file for you and it’s right to give them a commission for this, because remember that they build blogs, invest time in promoting and let people all over the world know about your file… this is simply advertising… thanks to them your sales can go better and better….

he’s not making money from the product but from the advertising that he does…

That sounds sound. :)

But in all truth I think it’s the emotional aspects of knowing that someone took your creation and is making money off it by promoting without the courtesy of letting you know that does feel a little off sometimes.. that’s the human nature part..

2671 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

agreed, this is crazy, someone is promoting your files & FD for free and you are getting upset? it makes no sense. Please feel free to promote any of my files :-)

the adobe exchange is completely different because its against thier terms and conditions and there is only one opportunity to upload each file.

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

But in all truth I think it’s the emotional aspects of knowing that someone took your creation and is making money of it by promoting without the courtesy of letting you know that does feel a little off sometimes.. that’s the human nature part..

I disagree, I’m sorry… so you’re saying that all the links in the world wide web to a flashden file have to be managed by the author? This is crazy…

Ok, today there are 90000++ registered users here…. they are buying files here and they are buying also your files… maybe without referrals the registered users were 45000—... so 50% less sales for you…

we just need to thank people like solo1artist for promoting the community and making it bigger and bigger…

But this is my opinion, so… :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by