• Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

Hey everyone,

Was just wondering who is using the new Timeline layout for their brand / business on Facebook. I’ve started using it but I’m unsure of what people would like to see on it. Obviously I don’t want to bombard people with new updates every 5 minutes.

What do you feature on your page?

748 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

I am not using it yet, but I do have some pointers on what you feature on it. It is a good idea to not just post your own items and news, but to provide information and recommendations on things that relate to your items, with your items sparsed in. People say they get tired of seeing the same post of “my new item on Envato.” Facebook brand/business pages are really not much different from any other business website, and the most successful ones seem to add a good bit of other content.

I am just not sure what differences the timeline layout will make. I’m not quite ready to make the change without looking at it a bit closer yet.

812 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
iamthwee says

>Timeline layout for their brand / business

You have a link?

748 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
guitarjock says

>Timeline layout for their brand / business You have a link?

It’s against the rules for authors to self promote, so we can’t place a link here in this particular forum. However, chances are if someone has a facebook page, you can find a link to it on the author’s profile page.

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
Australia says

Thats not strictly true guitarjock, the question was ..

Timeline layout for their brand / business on facebook.

That doesnt necessarily mean their envato stuff.

I dont see this as any different to the lets build up our social networks thread.

We use the new timeline, for a new business we are working on. Has bugger all to do with envato, so i am sure that wouldnt be classed as self promotion. As its a facebook link.

Either way, if ppl cant post links then the only logical acceptable replies to this thread are , yes or no. Which is kinda pointless, unless you work for fb and are canvassing opinion, then its time to add polls to envato.

Plus, if we are to post what kind of content we include in our timeline, at some point someone is gonna cross the lines of envato acceptable post policy.

596 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
MikeMoloney says

I just made a nice timeline for my brand as well. Idk if its good or not, but it seems fine to me. Spend some time making, or getting a nice timeline cover and post relevant things and it could be useful. My fans are intrigued more with the new layout.

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Gold Mo Grower
+12 more

I would just like to know what sort of content you guys have on your pages as I’m currently adding some to mine but I don’t want to overload fans with envato items, etc. Is there any point to featuring all your work on Facebook as well as your online portfolio, twitter, envato, deviantart etc.

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
  • Gold Mo Grower
+12 more

I just made a nice timeline for my brand as well. Idk if its good or not, but it seems fine to me. Spend some time making, or getting a nice timeline cover and post relevant things and it could be useful. My fans are intrigued more with the new layout.

That’s a really nice design. :D

596 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
MikeMoloney says

That’s a really nice design. :D

Thanks its one of my favorite GR items ;) and yes, as long as you don’t overload with your envato items, Im sure you could keep your fans interested. Post tips, tricks, and articles, and every once in a while put some envato stuff, and you should do well!

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
+5 more
pezflash says

What do you feature on your page?

I moved 2 days ago. Some good new features, but really dissapointed (as usual) with some FB marketing decissions. As a FB App / template developer i can say that this new layout benefits the apps visibility, but also introduces new settings that require dev work to adapt our old works to new layout. If tis happens once a year i would be fine, but FB looks like crazy changing the whole interface, and the worst thing is that they don’t care about old stuff working on new platform. :(

Post useful things, frequently. Post your items url, just once in a while. The point is that i don’t follow this rule. :P

by
by
by
by
by
by