854 posts Envato Studio Communications Manager
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Featured in the Envato Market Community podcast
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+7 more
Jordan_M Envato team says

Hey guys,

I’ve recently started playing Star Trek Online (I’m a Star Trek nerd) and have previously played WoW and EVE . Anyone else play any MMO ’s? Would be cool to have a big in game Envato meet up one day, perhaps even form a guild/corp or fleet!

How cool? :-D

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

Oh so is that what employees do at Envato? :P

I used to play RuneScape. Pretty good game, but I had to quit to have more time for work.

738 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

You know Jordan, Star Wars: The Old Republic is an MMORPG about to come out. It’s being developed by Bioware (Mass Effect, etc) so I think you’ll like it. They are great at developing immersive RPGs, and that plus an MMO effect should create very fun and addicting gameplay.

I used to play a few when I was 8-16 I’m now 18 and haven’t really played any MMOs, but I definitely still love video games.

The ones I’ve played are Runescape, Maplestory, and Flyff. Runescape was great, although when they moved to RS2 and dropped free to play support for Classic, I called it quits. The rush you get from low-level PKing was just lost after that, I’m convinced I’d still be doing that if it was still out! With Maplestory, my cousin really got me into it. Pretty fun game, but after a while (and I mean a while!) Flyff was alright as well, but same issues as Maplestory. (Just got bored)

As you can see, I usually stay away from MMOs that require payment; I’m very frugal.

+7 more
You know Jordan, Star Wars: The Old Republic is an MMORPG about to come out. It’s being developed by Bioware (Mass Effect, etc) so I think you’ll like it. They are great at developing immersive RPGs, and that plus an MMO effect should create very fun and addicting gameplay.

Yeah I’m a huge fan of Bioware, their RPG ’s always tend to be such winners & like you say, very immersive. I was a big fan of Knights of the Old Republic so I’ve been watching The Old Republic very closely. I’m concerned that I will lose my job when it comes out! It looks amazing.

831 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says

I don’t play MMO ’s.

My favorite genre is 3rd Person Stealth Action.

I CAN ’T WAIT until Splinter Cell: Conviction is out. :)

738 posts
Jar says
Yeah I’m a huge fan of Bioware, their RPG ’s always tend to be such winners & like you say, very immersive. I was a big fan of Knights of the Old Republic so I’ve been watching The Old Republic very closely. I’m concerned that I will lose my job when it comes out! It looks amazing.

I had a feeling you would be watching it! :D

Even I might give it a go, depending on a few things of course. (finances, time)

@tiger:

ME TOO . I absolutely love the Splinter Cell series. I cannot believe it’s so close to release! The main thing I like is co-op mode, that is what made Chaos Theory for me.

Lately all I’ve been playing is Borderlands (fantastic, love the humor) and Call of Duty 4 (sorry, but I absolutely hate MW2 ) and can’t wait for a few of the anticipated hits this year.

831 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
tigerlabs says

Sam Fisher is such a bad ass. :D

+7 more
Lately all I’ve been playing is Borderlands (fantastic, love the humor)

Ohhhhh, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about getting Borderlands, so I take it that you would recommend it? :-)

Is it good as a single player experience? (honestly, unless it’s an MMO like STO or EVE I struggle to enjoy online play)

738 posts
Jar says

Before going in you need to know the story isn’t intensely deep. This game is mainly about the action and pure unkempt fun. I know plenty of people who enjoy playing it alone, but it’s great in co-op.

To be honest, I was one of the fanboys who picked it up at 10AM the second Gamestop opened their doors, so my opinion may not be completely unbiased. The fact that I still pick the game up and play it should give you a sense that it has some great replayability. They have 3 DLCs out (Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Moxxi’s Underdome, and now The Secret Armory of General Knoxx)

I hate Moxxi’s Underdome. If you like wave after wave type games, you may like it. Zombie Island and Knoxx are MUSTS . They are amazingly fun story-driven DLCs.

Just a note: If you like a challenge, I’d recommend trying to do the least side-quests you can. This will keep the challenge very difficult. (You will have to do some side-quests, otherwise it would be impossible) Overall this is a fantastic game based on humor and challenging, action-packed gameplay.

It would definitely be a good change of pace when compared to Mass Effect, Bioshock, and other more RPG -y games.

+7 more

Awesome! Thanks for the in-depth answer Jar. I think I’ll definitely get it, who knows – maybe I’ll get into the multiplayer! ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by