• Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
DanThemes says

Hey. I have no idea if this has been discussed before, but wouldn’t it be better if there would be a “Who’s Online” section somewhere in the forums? Or at least couldn’t there be placed, next to the number of replies, the number of views for every topic. This way we could see how many people have viewed a certain topic.

3674 posts Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

With over 2 million marketplace members, a ‘who’s online’ is practically infeasible, I’m afraid.. Even when limited to a subsection of the site, like the forums

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+3 more
DanielKeller says

the who’s online thing with a online badge has been discussed several times… and as far as I can remember it, a lot were against it, including myself. don’t know about others here, but I wouldn’t like people to know when I’m online or not. don’t see the need for it either!

that’s the same as the Gender Badge someone once suggested, it’s just unnecessary!

1252 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

I wouldn’t want anyone to see when I’m online nor offline, and I don’t think this should be implemented at all, don’t see any advantages here, better focus on improving/adding useful new features the marketplace.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

it could be optional, so you could choose you use our status or not. Actually the site should give more possibility to giving support to the buyers.

2089 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

it could be optional, so you could choose you use our status or not. Actually the site should give more possibility to giving support to the buyers.

I hear these things all the time and I always wonder about it, because support is not mandatory, yet everybody is making such a big fuss about it and the tools that should be provided for it… It’s like from all Envato marketplaces, ThemeForest is the only one that matters… On the other hand, we still have a prehistoric version of search interface (apart from 3dOcean, which got it’s search tool upgraded)

(Please don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I’m against the requested support features. I’m always supporting requests to provide useful tools to both authors and buyers, but still, some other things should be prioritized, shouldn’t they?)

On topic: I also wouldn’t like people to know whether I’m online or not. Plus I don’t see why would that be of any relevance.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

I’m not agree urbazon. Not only Themeforest where people need support. For example, i have an item where time by time people asking me because of a bug. And now, its became 100% sure the bug is not in the action, but with few version of the Photoshop. Unfortunately i can not post there the solution because it’s weird. But i recognized that, many buyers post there, then i answering to them, but i never see them again. I offering them skype, but maybe they dont have. So how can i help them? Something else, they can only send email through our profile, why they can not send an email right away from the item’s page? If you dont want to give support, thats your choice, problem is i would like to but its not clean-cut for them how to get this support. We should be rated by support as well, for example.

5391 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Australia says

I wish you guys would think outside the box.

Whos online is a great idea, but obiously you dont want to know every bugger thats online…

So limit it to those that you FOLLOW or authors you have purchased from, oh or BOTH

Simple huh, then maybe envato could bleeding fix the who i follow and who follows me code too, which sucks.

1373 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Tuvalu
dekurvajo says

C’mon guys it’s like just a telephone, right? if you dont want incoming calls you turn it off. But you dont flush your phone trough the toilet… (ok i did once but it’s an another story) :superbashfulcute:

906 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
3Ddym says

I’m not agree urbazon. Not only Themeforest where people need support. For example, i have an item where time by time people asking me because of a bug. And now, its became 100% sure the bug is not in the action, but with few version of the Photoshop. Unfortunately i can not post there the solution because it’s weird. But i recognized that, many buyers post there, then i answering to them, but i never see them again. I offering them skype, but maybe they dont have. So how can i help them? Something else, they can only send email through our profile, why they can not send an email right away from the item’s page? If you dont want to give support, thats your choice, problem is i would like to but its not clean-cut for them how to get this support. We should be rated by support as well, for example.

True

by
by
by
by
by
by