24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

Hi Folks,

I’ve worked for over 6 months to get my first item (Magento theme) approved here on themeforest. I thought, once my items start accepted, It’ll compensate all that effort. I have since created 4 more Magento themes in last 6 months. The sales are terrible. I guess I’m the lowest selling author in Magento category.

I’ve tried my best to increase the quality of my items to improve sales, but to no avail. In last 6 months my 4 themes have sold just 36 items so far. From the earning 50% goes to envato and 25% to the PSD design creator (I work on already approved PSDs to increase item acceptance chances), so I’m left with only 25% of the total sales. With current rate of sales, it really doesn’t worth all the effort I have to put in to create a theme.

This is what I’ve tried (and failed) to improve my sales: - I’ve created Magento version of already good selling PSD designs. So design doesn’t seem to be the issue. - I’ve tried to make my Magento themes have all the latest features. The first 2 themes were lacking some, but last 2 are really good in this regard. - In last 2 themes I’ve worked really hard on the description area of the theme. I’ve put in lots of good looking graphics to explain the theme features in description area. - I had tried to answer and satisfy the people asking questions in comments area.

Senior members here are requested to take a quick look at my portfolio at this link, and please help my identify that why am I having lowest sales of all in my category. Here is the link to portfolio: http://themeforest.net/user/WebDezyners/portfolio

Your help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
SeriousToni says

No harms dude but I guess there’s already out too much of this stuff. Hard times :-/

24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

No harms dude but I guess there’s already out too much of this stuff. Hard times :-/

Problem is that I’m having lower sales than rest of my competitors. So the problem must be somewhere with my items, not with the category as a whole. The average 4 month sales/item is around 124, while my average is just 11 sales per 4 months. It is 10 times lower than the category average.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
SeriousToni says

Hmm – is it possible to make a survey for the people who bought your theme maybe?

24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

Hmm – is it possible to make a survey for the people who bought your theme maybe?

Good suggestion, but problem is I don’t have information on who buy my themes. Exceptions are those buyers who contact for support request.

6 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
AvetisThemes says

Hey WebDezyners,

I’m just checking out your template and I find them really nice!

One point tho that I would change if it was mine is to put some kind of animation on menu hover, and maybe change the opened menu a bit.

Good luck with your sales :)

24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

Hey WebDezyners,

I’m just checking out your template and I find them really nice!

One point tho that I would change if it was mine is to put some kind of animation on menu hover, and maybe change the opened menu a bit.

Good luck with your sales :)

Thanks for the nice words of encouragement.

Can you please tell for which particular theme you are making these suggestions?

6 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
AvetisThemes says

No problem mate, everyone need some in this market I guess.

For the theme: Jewelish (maybe add some spacing also) FlatShop

24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

No problem mate, everyone need some in this market I guess. For the theme: Jewelish (maybe add some spacing also) FlatShop

Noted, and much appreciated :)

1525 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

To be honest mate, you never know when it goes when it doesn’t, i am blown away sometime when i see some theme getting such high sales and i don’t see the reason for it and some other fantastic unique work that is just being ignored.

The pattern i noticed that in most cases themes with new features start pushing initial sales. One of the top selling themes was one of the first if not the first to implement a certain slider and it got wings, after that everybody started following.

Just keep pumping eventually you should hit something big

by
by
by
by
by
by