24 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WebDezyners says

To be honest mate, you never know when it goes when it doesn’t, i am blown away sometime when i see some theme getting such high sales and i don’t see the reason for it and some other fantastic unique work that is just being ignored.

True that!

Just keep pumping eventually you should hit something big

I’m on it!

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
SeriousToni says

Good luck! :)

24 posts
WebDezyners says

Good luck! :)

Thanks a lot!

649 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Do you do any outside marketing for your themes? I would say the top selling themes in your category will get the majority of their sales from people looking on the web specifically for Magento themes, a couple of ideas are:

- Your own website which is seo’d for people looking for Magento themes

- Posting on external portfolio sites (dribble, behance etc)

- design blogs, try and get listed in “top magento theme” lists on popular blogs

I have been saying this for ages and it’s true, you can’t rely on Themeforest to supply all your sales, you need to be doing stuff to get exposure for your items as you’re competing against hundreds of other themes.

You could also zazz up your portfolio page, it doesn’t tell me what you do, add your items images to that and promote your items like crazy.

There is a lot you can do to get exposure to your items for no cost just a little time, the more people talking about your items means the more potential sales you can get.

Have you looked at offering one of your items as a freebie item for one month (look at the thread on here under themeforest)?

24 posts
WebDezyners says

Lot of great ideas Gareth.

Have you looked at offering one of your items as a freebie item for one month (look at the thread on here under themeforest)?

Can you send me some link explaining how to do that? I always thought envato chooses these free files randomly.Silly me!

215 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
visualkicks says

You’re just asking yourself the wrong question. Change it from “Why am I the lowest selling author in my category?” to “Why am I not the highest selling author in my category”. Then you’ll have your initial questions answer.

ps. in case that is too vague (lol) I’m saying, you need to change your approach. Look at what others do, not just the item but all the other little things. You need to learn to sell just as well as you need to learn to code etc. If you want my advice, listen to some brian tracy in regards to becoming successful.

24 posts
WebDezyners says

You’re just asking yourself the wrong question. Change it from “Why am I the lowest selling author in my category?” to “Why am I not the highest selling author in my category”. Then you’ll have your initial questions answer.

You are damn right. I would have changed the title right away, but I guess you can edit the post in first 15 minutes only ;)

649 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Lot of great ideas Gareth.

Can you send me some link explaining how to do that? I always thought envato chooses these free files randomly.Silly me!
http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/free-file-of-the-month-nominations/86734

The items are picked randomly from the thread but you have to be in it, to win it :)

24 posts
WebDezyners says

Thanks Gareth, but it appears to be able to apply for this the item should have 4+ rating on it. Sadly, none of my items have it ;)

649 posts
+4 more
Gareth_Gillman says

Thanks Gareth, but it appears to be able to apply for this the item should have 4+ rating on it. Sadly, none of my items have it ;)

Ah shame, something to work towards then, do you do social media? Put that on your profile page and tweet / FB stuff for your customers to follow e.g.

- guides on how to use the theme / magento

- new updates to the themes

- Magenot news (new versions, plugins etc)

Basically become the go to guy for Magento stuff :)

by
by
by
by
by
by