2064 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

Why are people so impressed when Envato does things they should have done light years ago? Not to be pessimistic but when I see something they’ve done that should have been done ancient times ago I feel disappointed.

Would someone please shed some light on this?

P.S: I’d be completely supportive if progress was being made everyday, but the marketplaces change so rarely I don’t login anymore. It’s just pointless, there’s better marketplaces out there.

6088 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

It doesn’t related to Envato or even features. For any change, there will be some people to support it, that’s the nature of forum :P

Hope the light is enough :D

339 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

Somebody needs to read this

1412 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Why are people so impressed when Envato does things they should have done light years ago?

Light years is a measure for distance, not time. ;)

Back to your question, Envato is great, and the team is doing a very good job to keep it a high-quality market. nuff said.

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

Some people choose to go through life with a generally positive attitude, and aim to have a positive effect on those around them. When they see something bad they help to improve it; when they see something good, they show their appreciation.

Others go through life with a generally negative attitude, and feel it necessary to infect those around them with their negativity. When something is bad they cast blame; when something is good, they search for its faults.

The former base their happiness on building others up; the latter on tearing others down. I don’t think either type of person generally understands the other.

681 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Better late than never vs just late?

Glass half full vs glass half empty?

People react differently to different things. Which one are you?

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi Landon, thanks for the feedback. Although I can understand where you might be coming from, I’d have to slightly disagree. It’s not so much that people are easily impressed, but grateful instead. It’s a rather polite and positive way to show appreciation and community spirit.

337 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
alchymista says

Better late than never.
+1 :)
4344 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

Some people choose to go through life with a generally positive attitude, and aim to have a positive effect on those around them. When they see something bad they help to improve it; when they see something good, they show their appreciation.

Others go through life with a generally negative attitude, and feel it necessary to infect those around them with their negativity. When something is bad they cast blame; when something is good, they search for its faults.

The former base their happiness on building others up; the latter on tearing others down. I don’t think either type of person generally understands the other.

One common statement coming from negative attitudes is, “I’m not negative, I am realistic.” This is an excuse for being negative. Reality is what you make it. Make it positive. :)

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

I heart this.

by
by
by
by
by
by