2299 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Great topic Landon – but you’re not gonna get the answers you were hoping for I don’t think… you opened yourself up for trolling with this one ;)

Jonathan

3468 posts
  • Has sold $750,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+10 more
sevenspark Moderator says

@Dzinc well said

@Ivor exactly!

@Jami :)

Just want to add that I think the vast majority of authors, customers, and staff alike here are friendly, appreciative, positive people – and that’s what makes this such a great community, and what draws others to it.

7782 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
doru says

Reality is what you make it. Make it positive. :)

Reality is reality, you can’t change it with thoughts. Off course thinking positive will help you fight the numerous obstacles that life will throw at you, but is a very big mistake to lose contact with reality.

Too often people will accuse you of being pessimist if you show them some painful truth that they chose to ignore.

I’m not referring to the marketplace here, just as a general law of mine.

But speaking of envato, what did I miss? What did they did that should had be done light years ago?

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

@sevenspark, you preach brother!

1412 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Reality is reality, you can’t change it with thoughts. Off course thinking positive will help you fight the numerous obstacles that life will throw at you, but is a very big mistake to lose contact with reality.

I do not have access to reality, I only know what I think or what I feel. Therefore reality is for me what my perceptions are. :)

1499 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
WebSmacker says

@landonwilson – the issue is not that they don’t want to improve, it is because they don’t have many people to do it. Envato is planning to double its development force in the next year so you will start to see these improvements more and more often.

Quick question – you leave lots of negative comments, and then you left the marketplace for awhile. Why did you come back if you think it is so bad?

681 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Reality is reality, you can’t change it with thoughts. Off course thinking positive will help you fight the numerous obstacles that life will throw at you, but is a very big mistake to lose contact with reality. Too often people will accuse you of being pessimist if you show them some painful truth that they chose to ignore.
I agree with this as well. Sometimes calling a spade a spade is necessary and does much more good than simply sugar coating a potential/realized problem.
7782 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
doru says

I do not have access to reality, I only know what I think or what I feel. Therefore reality is for me what my perceptions are. :)

then one should use those perceptions and not alter them with wishful thinking :)

6086 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Don’t generalize guys. We all know some obvious things took unexpected time to happen. Both the delay as well as frustration is natural.

Positive thinkers: think positively a little bit further; negative point of view also a positive stuff.

942 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

Don’t generalize guys. We all know some obvious things took unexpected time to happen. Both the delay as well as frustration is natural. Positive thinkers: think positively a little bit further; negative point of view also a positive stuff.

+1

@sevenspark I doubt it’s as simple as “positive” and “negative”.

by
by
by
by
by
by