1734 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

Reality is what you make it. Make it positive. :)

Reality is reality, you can’t change it with thoughts. Off course thinking positive will help you fight the numerous obstacles that life will throw at you, but is a very big mistake to lose contact with reality.

Too often people will accuse you of being pessimist if you show them some painful truth that they chose to ignore.

I’m not referring to the marketplace here, just as a general law of mine.

But speaking of envato, what did I miss? What did they did that should had be done light years ago?

“Good” or “Bad” things always happen. That’s the reality (actually the reality is things happen – we label them “good” or “bad”). But it’s how your relate to those things that matters the most – that is a choice, exclusive to human beings. I actually prefer “human doings”.

For example, I fell of my bike on a tram way a few hours ago. I dusted myself off, thanked the kid who asked me if I am OK, had a quick thought about what I did to fall off, thanked the universe for making this happen so I know I should be more careful when riding and continued towards home.

I could have made a whole awful story in my head that sounds horribly negative and it still will be describing reality. But it’s a choice I made – and worked toward changing my point of view. I’ve lived the other way around for way too long and it’s never been fun for me or people around me.

Just my 2 rusty cents.

3265 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Man this thread is so awesome great job Landon ;-)

p.s whats everyone so impressed about? captcha who logs out anyways :-P

7648 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

For example, I fell of my bike on a tram way a few hours ago. I dusted myself off, thanked the kid who asked me if I am OK, had a quick thought about what I did to fall off, thanked the universe for making this happen so I know I should be more careful when riding and continued towards home.

Did you arrived at home on your bike or did you walk?

4351 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

Some people choose to go through life with a generally positive attitude, and aim to have a positive effect on those around them. When they see something bad they help to improve it; when they see something good, they show their appreciation.

Others go through life with a generally negative attitude, and feel it necessary to infect those around them with their negativity. When something is bad they cast blame; when something is good, they search for its faults.

The former base their happiness on building others up; the latter on tearing others down. I don’t think either type of person generally understands the other.

+1 To that mate. Fully agreed!

I’m wondering something else. Why is this conversation even on the table?

With absolutely no offence intended whatsoever toward Landon or anyone else for that matter , I have a question!

What do you believe that this topic/question would achieve/answer?

Maybe we’re missing out on something that made you see the negative in an update, be it late or not, it’s still an update, and a useful one. So I do have to ask, for my pure curiosity, why did you open this topic? What’s the purpose of telling the hard working guys from development ” yeah yeah, thanks, but no thanks, it’s too late/ancient”, because the system is still in use, it’s not ancient, it’s just a late upgrade to a system that was already in there in the first place.

Edit: From what I saw in one of your topics, you own an iPad, do you e-mail Apple as well to let them know that you are not impressed by the fact that they use a 5mpx camera when everything else has 8mpx?

I strongly believe in the concept/idea of democracy and of free speech, but when someone does put an effort to create something that will eventually lead to the good of an entire community, why do you have to portray negatively? To be honest… for most good things that happened, and most awesome things that were announced, there was a negative topic/comment from you, and this is the true purpose of my question.

Please, let us know, why do you have this negative attitude? Has this community wronged you with something that you cannot share it’s happiness when something good happens?

I believe that we’re “family/friends” here, and that trolling an entire development team in a 1,632,430 member community is not the answer you will give, because if it’s so… I rest my case.

6029 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ I really started feeling all the mods adding burden to Envato by over working. This thread could be buried with some humour; all your reactions just extends single members expression (or possible slip of tongue) into serious conversation. Just 2 cents.

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

we debate about the meaning of life, the universe and everything. Also it appears envato staff did something, don’t know if good or bad, I didn’t manage to find out what was it. :)

No matter good or bad, the important fact is that the thing is not in the pipeline anymore! :D

5633 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

You’re a funny guy Landon :) For a guy who says he hardly ever logs in any more, you still find the time to come by and criticize when we make minor improvements to the site. I can only assume that you get a kick out of trolling the forums.

There’s some great advice in this thread on having a positive attitude. Remember, for every situation there are two ways to respond – Negative or Positive. Trust me, from a guy who used to choose the negative route, you’ll live a lot longer and have so much more joy in life if you choose the positive :)

I still can’t decide to lock this thread down or not. It’s got some great advice, but I don’t want this turning into a troll war or a pile on. I’ll see how it progresses…

3750 posts
  • Located in Spain
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Beautiful time for a positive animated gif. :)

\\

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

yess, yees!!

6029 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

KingDog, I don’t know what Landon was trying to mention. As the OP seems to assume its point as “obvious” thing, I would like to share what I see as obvious problem here in Envato:

Taking long time to fix known issues (minor / tiny / nano / important / unavoidable). Personally I see that’s the BIG issue the developer team misses and many of the members here sees that area needs to have realistic timeframe. No more Photodune excuses as it is not even visited by the authors who focus on TF or CC except for purchasing assets.

You guys really need alteast borrow the ideas about update from successful ventures. For example read this section on wordpress’s philosophy page:
Deadlines Are Not Arbitrary

Good deadlines almost always make you trim something from a release. This is not a bad thing, it’s what they’re supposed to do.

The more frequent and regular releases are, the less important it is for any particular feature to be in this release. If it doesn’t make it for this one, it’ll just be a few months before the next one. When releases become unpredictable or few and far between, there’s more pressure to try and squeeze in that one more thing because it’s going to be so long before the next one. Delay begets delay.

-x-

After waiting around 6-7 months about licensing updates (of course this is different from dev area) my personal opinion is you guys really delaying licensing updates wantedly (for unknown reasons) but keep on promisng there will be clarity in future. I don’t want to make such disrespectful assumptions but I am sure I am not the reason for assumptions.

Also encouraging only positive feedback is not something professionally managed communities trend.

by
by
by
by
by
by