3221 posts Point. Counterpoint.
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+14 more
ADG3studios Envato team says

Why are people so impressed when Envato does things they should have done light years ago?

Light years is a measure for distance, not time. ;)

Back to your question, Envato is great, and the team is doing a very good job to keep it a high-quality market. nuff said.

:) Love this one.

And yet, time is relative.

So is excellence, accomplishment, success, and just about everything we can conceive of subjectively.

Just relatives.

That ‘just’ means both “only”, and “balanced in proportion i.e. A just cause”.

And aren’t we are all just relatives here? ;)

All of the community, one way or another, are just relatives to one another, be it buyers, authors, visitors, staff. Our degree of expression of satisfaction is.. yeah.. just and justly relative, to our user experience, based on expectations and outcomes, and in some part due to the attitudes we ourselves project, I imagine.

Why are some people so impressed? Because they are happy? Better late than never? Hope for future? I think it’s been summed up by the many responses in this thread. :)

All I can say is I know Envato strives for excellence, yes. Does it always hit the nail on the head every single day? Should some things have happened sooner? You know the answer. :)

Which would you rather come first, though? The fail, or the win?

Concretely though, The hectic pace of managing so many ongoing projects means there is chaos in any attempt to improve order, as with most growing systems, and due to the relative and sometimes shifting priorities of issues, it can mean that intentions and plans don’t always eventuate in a completely predictable manner. Yet when they finally happen, often delayed, people will either be happy, or see it as too little too late, or anything in between.

I guess that’s why we get this flurried mix of voices time and again.

In this case, The way I see it is that without a negative expression to begin with, there’s one less opportunity for positive reinforcement, to celebrate the virtues of this community.

Just sayin’, it’s just relatives.

So thanks Landon, you’ve brought out the good in quite a few people here, in a roundabout way. Reverse win. :D

\\

1495 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+3 more
WebSmacker says

@VF – take a look at this: http://techjobs.envato.com/roles/marketplace-development-manager.html It’s all about not having enough resources to do everything. Envato is trying to fix that which will in turn make it easier for them fix everything else :)

6077 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Don’t dig their internals. As authors we supposed to share our perspectives not to research/hear what causes what. Landon managed to save his time but many of us wasted again on the infinite loop. :D

Edit: Btw, is that “Captcha Not repeatedly needed” is something to be conveyed openly on a blog / forum?

“Not needed” is fine, cool but conveying the same openly is awkward from buyer point of view. Not sure this is what Landon tries to point. Also I have seen few more memebers asking for https after seeing this “New feature”. I won’t blame the criticizers / demanders! :)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

You have to remember Landon, that the devs have to manage over 25 different sites.

113 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DesignDeposit says

Great thread. Who could have possibly foreseen the discussion about reality?

I must say though, I understand people complaining about certain features that need to be implemented and haven’t been. But to complain when things actually do get done? Really?

1736 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
VisualSharing says

For example, I fell of my bike on a tram way a few hours ago. I dusted myself off, thanked the kid who asked me if I am OK, had a quick thought about what I did to fall off, thanked the universe for making this happen so I know I should be more careful when riding and continued towards home.
Did you arrived at home on your bike or did you walk?

I biked. :P The most remembering thing about the whole situation was that among 20 people on the street (I fell off in front of a bus stop), the only one who asked me if I was OK was a 7-year old boy. After a small thought he went on to tell me I should not be riding in such a bad weather. Please, listen to the kids more often.

6077 posts
+8 more
VF says

You have to remember Landon, that the devs have to manage over 25 different sites.

This is similar to saying Wordpress team have to manage 100000 different possibilities, so let them settle where they are now for few years. Or an author getting excuse from a buyer by saying “I have 200+ items to manage, so understand my problems”.

Everything is broken down enough to be managed by individual human beings before scaling, right? Issues due to quantity is not users mistake. Getting excuses with such reason is worse than having a long silence.

Actually I have to back Landon for one reason, even though I am not interested. The reason is to point how unproductive the “positive party” is. Just equals blind negative.

4386 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+14 more
Enabled Moderator says

I understand people complaining about certain features that need to be implemented and haven’t been. But to complain when things actually do get done? Really?

Brilliant! :)

6077 posts
+8 more
VF says

I understand people complaining about certain features that need to be implemented and haven’t been. But to complain when things actually do get done? Really?
Brilliant! :)

What better feature added as of now? The issue we see is small features overcoming the absence of most needed ones. It is natural to show bitterness with such things.

3180 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Won a competition
+15 more
dtbaker Moderator says

roflcakes

by
by
by
by