629 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

I would love to comment but as per usual the topic has been trolled and the mods are allowed to join in. Mods who join in should really be stripped of their title. (they are here to prevent trolling, instead all they do is encourage it.)

This topic has yet again gone offtopic, in an area where I’d love to read some mature responses on the subject matter at hand. there’s plenty of places to troll ;)

So, because my comments would make a blind difference, I suppose I should troll too!

3744 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

@VF and Landon you guys are alone on this

Are VF and LAndon sharing the same point of view? Impossible, Ramesh is such a positive guy! :)

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Are VF and LAndon sharing the same point of view? Impossible, Ramesh is such a positive guy! :)

I don’t know landon’s purpose, but No doubt personally I too not happy with minor features addeded and especially when it exaggerated. We still don’t have important features such as enable/disable extended license on individual items etc and importantly never got answers about if such things will be ever added.

That’s just an example, the overall positive layers seems to me as if all the basic features related to selling/ buying going to be eye washed by the positive parties on forums :) Not necessarily solved with actual development.

4129 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

I don’t know landon’s purpose, but No doubt personally I too not happy with minor features addeded and especially when it exaggerated. We still don’t have important features such as enable/disable extended license etc and importantly never got answers about such things will be ever added.

That’s just an example, the overall positive layers seems to me as if all the basic features related to selling/ buying going to be eye washed by the positive parties, on forums :)

Well, I can assure you devs are working on a lot of requests, but also managing a tone of sites at the same time is a nightmare.

Open a topic in site feedback, and add a list of what you heart desires. I’m sure it will be taken care of eventually, but do remember, devs work on more things than just our dashboard settings! :)

2823 posts
  • Australia
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Contributed a Blog Post
+10 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

I reckon this will be close to the last time a dev will post a minor update in the public forum area :)

2004 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

You’re a funny guy Landon :) For a guy who says he hardly ever logs in any more, you still find the time to come by and criticize when we make minor improvements to the site. I can only assume that you get a kick out of trolling the forums.

There’s some great advice in this thread on having a positive attitude. Remember, for every situation there are two ways to respond – Negative or Positive. Trust me, from a guy who used to choose the negative route, you’ll live a lot longer and have so much more joy in life if you choose the positive :)

I still can’t decide to lock this thread down or not. It’s got some great advice, but I don’t want this turning into a troll war or a pile on. I’ll see how it progresses…

Just a follow-up here. I have no intent to troll anyone or hurt anyone in any way. At the company I will be starting at soon, teams set goals – and they get them done in a timely matter. This is how I like to work, get things done quickly and efficiently.

I saw some lovely lamps in a waiting room today, however they were covered in dust. This is Envato – all of the Envato sites have some kind of dust on them that could very easily be wiped away, but nobody seems to want to do it. Tuts+ Premium, at release said they would add a site switcher to get to the other Tuts+ sites. They still have not. Is it due to the want of money, so rather than pushing people to the free sites they keep them at the paid site?

I aim for PERFECTION – it’s not something you can reach, but it never hurts to try. When I design something, I go over every little detail hundreds of times to make sure I won’t disappointed, and my clients won’t. I set the bar VERY high, I’ll admit, so I’m probably being a tad bit unfair towards Envato, but you must understand to some degree why.

I never buy things that I find to be ugly – I would never purchase a Gateway, Dell, or HP laptop (or desktop) because they’re all ridiculously ugly. They don’t HAVE to be, but they CHOOSE to be. Samsung (which rips from Apple, really) and Apple are the #1 electronic companies for me. Everything they create, I would feel good about taking into public.

Just my take – don’t close it down, it’s very interesting where this is going. Also, I know I’m a bit everywhere but that’s just how my brain works and I’m sorry if you have trouble understanding what I’m trying to say.

1365 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

... teams set goals – and they get them done in a timely matter. This is how I like to work, get things done quickly and efficiently. ... PERFECTION …

Really? http://marketplace.codecanyon.net/forums/thread/2-week-challenge/53123

No offense, but you have a lot to learn and growing up to do.

4129 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Landon, no offence mate, you take yourself way way way way way to serious! It’s good that you set goals, it’s good that you aim to do this and that, but man! Sometimes, just stop, take a breath, smile! Look out the window!

You’re taking everything so seriously sometimes when you post I have the feeling you are a drill Sargent. ” CAPTCH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN ANCIENT TIMES ! DROP AND GIVE ME 50 !

Stop stressing yourself out for everything, eventually, you’ll loose all friends, connections, and don’t get me started on how that can turn from an attitude to an addiction that you’ll need tons of help to get over.

I had a friend, that I can say was exactly like you. He always criticizes everything. He can always find the dark side in every scenario. And as I said, I HAD a friend. Because now, everyone tends to be “busy” when he calls.

We all aim for perfection. It’s not like I would be bothered to live on a yacht and drive a Lamborghini, but if you want to achieve perfection then you must achieve something else first. Serenity, and peace of mind, calmness. You are way to agitated to be a perfectionist. Simple example. Show me 5 brilliant people on this forum you consider role models that open up threads just to rant about what should have been done in the first place. Actually, show me 5 legends in their thinking process that rant? You can’t! Perfection and serenity are so tied together you can’t even imagine. So stop being angry, stop ranting. Just ask politely. Would that hurt you?

This discussion would not be happening if your thread wouldn’t have started. Maybe a comment ” This feature should have been implemented a long time ago! But never the less thanks! “

The way you made it sound is like ” Mheah, you guys suck! You always do things whenever you want. I want them now! Because I am a member, out of 1.6 million! You should do what I say! “

Even if more people agree, you can’t know the itinerary of the developers, and that’s fine, it’s a secret because… well, it’s a company, and maybe they have something else to build, maybe one of the XX sites Envato has needs maintenance. Tuts+ got a facelift, Creattica got a facelift. In my humble opinion those things are far more important, priority wise, than a captch. And we already had one!!!

Last but not least … you have a tone of energy built up in you, and I don’t mean to offend you but I’m guessing you are under 20 years of age. Start swimming, jogging, do something constructive beside the computer in your free time! That should make you relax.

3007 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+2 more
duotive says

... teams set goals – and they get them done in a timely matter. This is how I like to work, get things done quickly and efficiently. ... PERFECTION …

Really? http://marketplace.codecanyon.net/forums/thread/2-week-challenge/53123

No offense, but you have a lot to learn and growing up to do.

Leave Britney alone.

He just tells you off and does not have anything to show for. I hate that kind of person.

3120 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

Last but not least … you have a tone of energy built up in you, and I don’t mean to offend you but I’m guessing you are under 20 years of age. Start swimming, jogging, do something constructive beside the computer in your free time! That should make you relax.

hes 16 guys give him a little break we were all young dumb and full of ourselves at some point in our life (some people still are)

by
by
by
by
by
by