8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
edwinyzh says

HI,

This maybe is a dumb question, but I really found that the video intros found in videohive.net to be really really really fantastic! Like the one below. Is it possible for authors here to produce flash intro templates like that? Thanks.

http://videohive.net/item/news-media-promo/29521

Edwin

4335 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says

Producing videos like that In flash would run extreamily slowly and be very laggy. Video hive intros can be edited and used in flash sites as videos though. Flash would be a lot slower as it calculates the shapes / anti alaising, fills , shading / any pv3d code etc. Wheras videohive videos use after effects which compiles the video after editing it, so effectively it’s only displaying images and not calculating anything.

Regards
Reaper

8 posts
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
edwinyzh says

Thanks for your explanation, reaper-media. I asked that question because I think a flash version of videos like that should be smaller in size, I’ve not tried and maybe I’m wrong, I had a feeling that the videos in videohive must be big in size. I’ll see.

370 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in New Zealand
Polarathene says

You can get something similar with flash I guess..Just as long as theres not too much going on, a pv3d file could work. You can use 3d panels to show content(image/video) and have that doing fancy rotation while doing so as well as some text…but it will put pressure on the player, which can be fine with modern pc’s but if you wanting to reach the audience with lower spec old hardware then maybe not the best of ideas.

900 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
CheshireCat says

For what little you could create in flash I don’t see the point. Anything that looks half decent will just run far too slow which means your left with creating a very bog standard, simple design.

Why choose to have that over something far better? IMO :)

370 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
Polarathene says

If you want it to be interactive though….You could use transparent pv3d panels that animate along with the video behind it.

4335 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+10 more
Reaper-Media says
If you want it to be interactive though….You could use transparent pv3d panels that animate along with the video behind it.
Still laggy :D I have too admit though, I thought that aswell, before I read your post lol :D

4247 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+5 more
Aw_Shucks says

Wasn’t there a dude named Laggy who wore plaid shorts and a white shirt?

Hmm, probably not.

by
by
by
by
by
by