1697 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

I dunno if any of you had this but sometimes I feel like a pice of sh. I sit here and do nothing at all. I stare at the forums, random sites, irc, msn contacts list, refreshing gmail, rss… Sometimes I play games but they are just as good as wasting time. I don’t have any problems, I have food, money, girlfriend (she isn’t here now) (not in order of importance:D). I’m alone, sometimes I forget to start the music and silence makes me pretty sick.. Or I get phonecalls every 15 mins, and I forget to unpause the music.. I feel like I have no purpose at the moment.

The best part is that this usually happens when I have something to do. These are my ‘categories’:

1. Got a freelance job, I love it, there is a deadline, I’m able to keep it, evertyhing is fine. I do the job, get paid, then rest.
  2. No job at all, just rest, spending money, going out, biking, training, learning etc.
  3. Got some stuff to do with or without deadlines, that I don’t really like or too complicated for me. When this happens I can’t really do anything without guilt from point 2 because there is a feeling that something needs to be done.
  4. Something will happen in the next few hours (somebody comes, a new job from point 3 is revealed), then I don’t start watching a movie even if it would fit in the time. I just do nothing.

Any thoughts?

8234 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Redo you’re website, that’ll keep you busy :)

580 posts Don't be so humble - you are not that great.
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
plusquare says

In the opposite I don’t have time for nothing :p

5325 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

Life’s too short to worry. Do what makes you happy and that will be your purpose ;)

+6 more
Firsh says
Life’s too short to worry. Do what makes you happy and that will be your purpose ;)

Wise ;) Just got an item customization task and it already made my day.

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says
I dunno if any of you had this but sometimes I feel like a pice of sh. I… Any thoughts?

Well I don’t have a lot of free time but i keep the fun for the weekend, motorcycle… i use to do a lot of skydiving and some more crazy stuff but i have a daughter that i need to keep in my mind.

Any way if you feel like pice of sh…… some time (you said that not me) ,I have a great therapy solution for you ,try to trash Msfx from time to time, at start you wont feel any deference, but as the time goes by the more you trash the man you will see how your mind will open to a new flash idea’s and new frontiers will be at your hand reach, just try it…. thanks me later :p

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Funny, a known fenomena, like standing on the foot of mount kilimanjaro and needing to climb it. Best solution -> “Make a start only”. And do/plan nothing more. Only make a few minutes time to start the very very beginning and stop after that. Leave it alone for some time and inspirational impulses should usually/hopefully get you back being productive again.

Works for me in about 80 to 90% of the times. Only in cases of severe AS complicated stuff to solve or having started sketches/designs I really don’t like at all sometimes it doesn’t work.

+6 more
Firsh says

Tsafi: skydiving is a great idea. I don’t have any problems with MSFX , however :D

patrickjansen: Will try that. Do i get it right: Force myself to start, then stop after a few minutes, and wait till I want to do it because ideas are popping in my mind?

2671 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Chuckanucka says

I struggled with similar feelings for ages.. the cure is organisation. Set yourself clear, short term goals at the start of each week. Oh and never work weekends.

715 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

I’m in the same spot as you. I just feel like I’m not progressing much, sort of watching time go by.

There’s a little Date/Time display at the corner of the screen. It just keeps jumping ten minutes at a time! WTF ?

But then again, the tips given by Denners here are awesome; organize your weekly goals, choose a couple of days a week as your “off time” and do other stuff like skydiving (preferably with a parachute).

by
by
by
by
by
by