10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in India
neo4evr says

There is no “absolute uniqueness” in the themes of ThemeForest, no matter who the provider is. Overall, every theme looks almost the same and the feel and aesthetics always remain the same. I hardly find anything different or totally unique , for example, compared to themes from TemplateMonster.

However, the reason why I continue buying themes here is because of the back-end controls and extensive choice of customizations. But slowly I am starting to feel as if the themes are all basically the same and don’t look too different from each other.

Why are they so similar? Do the reviewers and moderators reject different or unique themes on reviewing?

47 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
pixel_coder says

Market requirement generic, what you do? like I have a agency, you have a agency most are want same style of theme but may be looks are different.

In the sans of design each and every theme are unique, if you think each and every point should be unique its quest impossible.

Hope you understand the point of view.

3243 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
organicbee says

Sales numbers is the number 1 reason 95% ( I made that number up) of the themes look the same. doesn’t make sense for an author to do something unique when he could make 10x on something like looks like everything else

10 posts
  • Located in India
neo4evr says

Hmm…

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

“the reason why I continue buying themes here is because of the back-end controls and extensive choice of customizations”

Then why not customize?

10 posts
  • Located in India
neo4evr says

Actually I am not a coder myself just buy themes from here. But what I meant is the backend Theme control panel, they have lots of options and basically developers here make brilliant themes, so only if the themes could be a little unique from each other in terms of design, it would have been awesome. I myself would have no problem in paying extra for such a unique theme from Themeforest. Perhaps there are many who would happily pay more as well. Because the themes here are already so extensive and easy-to-operate and developers are cooperative and supportive. Would have been perfect.

Why not price such unique themes higher? I think reviewers set the price of themes right?

2276 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

There are many unique themes here, many authors fall on the side of trying to be unique, you just have to look through all the same-as ones to find them. Unique can mean many things, unusable being a side-effect of being ‘to unique’ – it’s a fine balance.

1506 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Yes, you are probably looking only at most popular page, try surfing for few days you will eventually start finding unique work. :)

341 posts Yes We Can
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
CRIK0VA says

why so much forum topics about “themes are so same”))

2633 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+17 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Old thread, please refer to the discussion in this thread:

http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/thank-you-but-please-no-more/134311

Thanks.

by
by