15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Luke86 says

Most websites are about converting traffic. Very very few templates here emphasise forms on every page and in the header of the template.

I think this is a good suggestion for ALL template authors!

Luke

494 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

do you mean about how many visitors of the site?

15 posts
Luke86 says

I mean, 99% of themes on this site do not incorporate a contact form in the header of the website.

e.g. http://www.gateway-homes.co.uk/ – has a contact form in the header. also has a contact form on most sub-pages e.g. http://www.gateway-homes.co.uk/how-to-sell-your-house/

http://sellmyhouseinstantly.co.uk/ – contact form in header http://www.anyhousewanted.co.uk/ – contact form in the header http://www.alliancehomebuyers.co.uk/ – contact form in header

These are just simple examples but I think most websites for most companies want to convert as many visitors as possible. Having a big flash image is good, but generally the vast majority of companies I speak to and work with want a nice big contact form on the homepage and sub pages in order to get leads and enquiries.

You guys are the designers, I just buy your work but more and more I am being asked about emphasising a contact form on the homepage!

15 posts
Luke86 says

I also think TF is full of authors who copy the top selling themes. Most themes are styled like this..

Header with navigations MASSIVE IMAGE CONTENT FOOTER

I mean they obviously look different but the page layouts all seem to be the same. Many of the themes purchased on this site are used to service websites for plumbers, roofers, electricians etc.

Maybe think about the target market more, i’d love to see themes targeting more different types of business’

I think doing this would increase sales for the authors!

118 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

@Luke86

1. Many themes might look similar but you can’t definitely judge the way they’re designed because every person has a different ‘taste’ or a theme might have a slightly different style that’s closer to the client’s needs.

2. For anything else you should look for custom work. I’m not sure if plumbers, roofers, electricians or other individuals might wanna have a website or just be listed in a directory. There can be a lot of talking involved here but I’m not the right person to do that :)

Good luck, Ciprian

494 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

Thanks for your propose! The contact form can be in index sidebar or a part of index page.

158 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says

In WordPress themes, contact forms have no business being in a part of themes. Forms are most definitely plugin territory. Now, making a place for a form, such as a sidebar (widget area), or providing styles for a plugin like Gravity Forms are things themes should be doing.

15 posts
Luke86 says

Im only making suggestions, agree with me or not, 1000’s of websites are sold every day to all different types of companies. Why not have a theme with a nice contact form incorporated into the header?

1) its something different, your theme will stand out and your doing something other authors aren’t.

2) Im not an author, im just explaining what my clients ask me for and I am passing on this information to you guys, the authors.

@cippo tradesmen in the UK all have a website. Most are shocking but many are using companies to improve and build better websites. Many are now using Google Adwords and SEO on a monthly basis.

When someone lands on a plumbers website, the plumber wants them to contact him. Having a “Get a Quote Today” form built into the header is a perfect way to increase conversions. Using this I can sell me websites to more plumbers and buy more themes from authors like yourself.

Like I said i’m just giving you guys the heads up, its your job to build a theme that a business will want to buy.

2468 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Sorry, I need to make sure I understand… I see from the above that you buy themes and customize them for your clients, right?

2296 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Your site examples would fall under the category of a landing page – a page designed to capture and convert a potential lead.

As@greenshady already said every single WordPress theme can basically do what you are asking for as contact forms should be powered off a plugin – most do and you can easily create a form for the front page containing as many elements, drop downs, inputs and success page you setup – also using a plugin allows further integrations in to CRM DB solutions which these kind of users should be using on the backend to store, categorize and follow up with the potential leads.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by