15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Luke86 says

Sorry, I need to make sure I understand… I see from the above that you buy themes and customize them for your clients, right?

Er, obviously, are you new to TF?

15 posts
Luke86 says

Your site examples would fall under the category of a landing page – a page designed to capture and convert a potential lead.

As@greenshady already said every single WordPress theme can basically do what you are asking for as contact forms should be powered off a plugin – most do and you can easily create a form for the front page containing as many elements, drop downs, inputs and success page you setup – also using a plugin allows further integrations in to CRM DB solutions which these kind of users should be using on the backend to store, categorize and follow up with the potential leads.

Jonathan

I’m just making suggestions, no themes have a form built into the header of the site, they all seem to just use big rotating images, something that most themes on this site do.

Also I understand a form can be inserted into the content area or maybe even the sidebar but I think a design built with converting traffic in mind would sell well.

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

Sorry, I need to make sure I understand… I see from the above that you buy themes and customize them for your clients, right?

Nevermind, it was probably too subtle. Carry on :)

164 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Europe
Cara_design says

I think Jonathan is right most pages that have contact forms on the top are “landing pages” or for pure marketing purposes.

Forgive the perhaps obvious statement but if anyone is “customising” a site to a clients needs then why not just code a contact form in where you need it? We do not use templates, choosing to build our own work but certainly if a client wants an element somewhere on the page (assuming it does not look ridiculous or or fall under bad practice) then we just write the code to have it there. Surely that is part of a web designer or developers job?

Also, maybe I missed something but those links in the earlier threads – it looks like very few if any have the contact form in the header. They nearly all seem to have it either in the slider (not hard with the right one) or they are in the page content – again basic code or plugin.

Just a thought. Thanks

110 posts
  • Located in Romania
+1 more
cippo says

Nevermind, it was probably too subtle. Carry on :)

^ +1

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
jonathan01 says

Your site examples would fall under the category of a landing page – a page designed to capture and convert a potential lead.

As@greenshady already said every single WordPress theme can basically do what you are asking for as contact forms should be powered off a plugin – most do and you can easily create a form for the front page containing as many elements, drop downs, inputs and success page you setup – also using a plugin allows further integrations in to CRM DB solutions which these kind of users should be using on the backend to store, categorize and follow up with the potential leads.

Jonathan

I’m just making suggestions, no themes have a form built into the header of the site, they all seem to just use big rotating images, something that most themes on this site do.

Also I understand a form can be inserted into the content area or maybe even the sidebar but I think a design built with converting traffic in mind would sell well.

What I am saying is that with WordPress you have the ability to create a full width page and set as your home page – therefore pretty much any theme can do what you want.

Create a full width page, place image on left, form shortcode provided by form plugin on right add content underneath and you have a page like your example.

Themes should really never be used “as is” but rather as a starting point for a project to tweak to your clients needs and requirements.

Hope that explains in better.

Jonathan

585 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
AlexFjord says
+1 Could not agree more

Themes should really never be used “as is” but rather as a starting point for a project to tweak to your clients needs and requirements.

and
if a client wants an element somewhere on the page (assuming it does not look ridiculous or or fall under bad practice) then we just write the code to have it there. Surely that is part of a web designer or developers job?
3221 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

1.) download http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

2.) create form

3.)Open up the proper template file(assuming because you said client you actually know how do edit code I may be wrong)

4.) Insert proper code where you want “<?php echo do_shortcode( '[contact-form-7 id="1234" title="Contact form 1"]' ); ?>

5.) Edit CSS to make it match the theme

6.) Please client because its YOUR client

was that so hard?

by
by
by
by
by
by