13 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
Krypto4 says

I’ve noticed that certain scripts are just put into the php category when they are clearly meant only to be used as part of WP, why?

Here are 2 examples that are currently on the first page.

WordPress Custom Backend which is in PHP Scripts \ Help and Support Tools

Demo Protector – PHP Class which is in PHP Scripts \ Miscellaneous

Surely both of these should be under Wordpress \ xxxx

Are these errors on the authors selecting the wrong category or how Envato place them? As obviously neither one of these would work as a standalone php script and hence should not be in that category.

Some are easy to spot, obviously if they say WP in the title unlike the second example, which also gives no indication that it is upon hovering over the image thumbnail.

I know that in the second example it does state WP in the items full description which could easily be overlooked if a person skims over the text to get a gist of the item and thinks great just what I was looking for or it could create a list of comments asking if it was just a regular php script or a WP script.

This could lead to a number of issues from loss of sales through to someone purchasing the script and then requesting a refund.

Why are these issues not caught when the files are approved?

110 posts
  • Australia
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
AGSoft says

The title makes it sound as if this is a common occurrence, which is definitively not the case.

911 posts Never trust a ballerina with a moustache
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+1 more
Carmen says

Hi Krypto4, if you notice any particular items that are not in the correct category please put a ticket into support so we are aware and can fix the issue. Thank you for flagging this.

13 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
Krypto4 says

@AGSoft I could not fit in the title what I wanted, as I ran out of space. I would have liked to have put “Why do we have a WP Section when it’s not always used correctly?”

@Carmen, Thanks I’ll do that in future. It would be helpful if we could gave some kind of Report button on each item so that they link through to the item like we have for Comments.

by
by
by
by
by
by