why no body use raiting button?

1570 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

My guess that most customers provide ratings only when they are really happy or have strong disappointment for whatever reason. Other mid cases – OK and customers not motivated to rate. Same situation any online store have. Some of them even do periodicaly gift card or other prize lottery so those who rate may win something.

Also as I see customers who also authors more offen to rate, for example if Videohive author buy pictures at PhotoDune or if AudioJungles author buy video footages at VideoHive, etc usually they know how important it is and more often rate. :-)

Otherwise it’s rare and very understandable though. I also have low ratio 129/1420.

P.S. Envato doing improvements into rating system like email notifications after purchase, etc. which are good! http://videohive.net/forums/thread/rating-reasons-/98033

Best Regards, Andrey
329 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
modeon says

My guess that most customers provide ratings only when they are really happy or have strong disappointment for whatever reason. Also as I see customers who also authors more offen to rate, for example if Videohive author buy pictures at PhotoDune or if AudioJungles author buy video footages at VideoHive, etc usually they know how important it is and rate. :-)

I can not accept low rate : )) Otherwise it’s rare and very understandable though. I also have low ratio 129/1420.

Best Regards, Andrey
199 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
footagecentral says

Maybe there should be a reminder email to customers?

329 posts
+1 more
modeon says

Maybe there should be a reminder email to customers?

excellent!!

1570 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
AndrVlad says

As far as I remember (some other threads) reminder email already implemented (or will be implemented shortly).

Best Regards, Andrey

329 posts
+1 more
modeon says

I bought 100 items. 100 comments, 100 raitings…

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

I’ve bought 295 items, sometimes I leave a rating, sometimes I don’t. But then again, I rarely leave ratings or comments for products I’ve bought on Amazon on videos I’ve watched on Youtube.

Yes, it would be nice if everyone could rate products, but I’d say that a lot of times when somebody buys something here… although saving money will be one of the main factors… saving time will be a big one as well. So if somebody is in a rush to get a project complete, it’s unlikely that leaving feedback is the first thing on their mind once the project is done and dusted and uploaded to the client. Going to sleep, starting the next project, hitting the shops to spend their earnings or heading out on the town is more likely.

So I don’t think there’s any conspiracy not to leave anyone feedback… it’s just that people forget and probably have a very long list of things to do that are more important at the time.

Would an email to remind me to leave feedback increase the likelihood that I left feedback? Possibly. Would the additional 295 emails in my inbox be welcomed with open arms? Probably not.

329 posts
+1 more
modeon says

I’ve bought 295 items, sometimes I leave a rating, sometimes I don’t. But then again, I rarely leave ratings or comments for products I’ve bought on Amazon on videos I’ve watched on Youtube.

Yes, it would be nice if everyone could rate products, but I’d say that a lot of times when somebody buys something here… although saving money will be one of the main factors… saving time will be a big one as well. So if somebody is in a rush to get a project complete, it’s unlikely that leaving feedback is the first thing on their mind once the project is done and dusted and uploaded to the client. Going to sleep, starting the next project, hitting the shops to spend their earnings or heading out on the town is more likely.

So I don’t think there’s any conspiracy not to leave anyone feedback… it’s just that people forget and probably have a very long list of things to do that are more important at the time.

Would an email to remind me to leave feedback increase the likelihood that I left feedback? Possibly. Would the additional 295 emails in my inbox be welcomed with open arms? Probably not.

not 295 e-mail. 1 mail in a month?

492 posts
  • Won a competition
+4 more
NeuronFX says

In general for videohive products… I always rate the product 5 stars the moment I buy it… Since you get what you see, and when I buy I only buy the products that I really like and think are really well made. Thus, obviously deserve a 5 stars right away.

by
by
by
by
by
by