660 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says

Hi, I think recently this marketplace encounter multiple issues regarding the support and the rating.

Recently a client bought one of my players. He did not read the instructions or the descriptions. He just bought it. Than he sent me several RUDE e-mails asking for free help. The estimated work is more than 5 hours. I told him that I am busy and could not offer this.

Now he is posting on each of my items the following:

So I bought a piece of code from Angel and he did not hold to what he said he would do.

“please send me an e-mail from my profile page and i’ll help you out! best angel”

As you see above, Angle stated that if I email him that he would help me and provide me the HTML needed to run his player as a standalone. Needless to say HE DID NOT !

So in my email I ask him if he could pass along the JavaScript needed to run this in HTML ? Simple request…

Here is his reply!

“Currently I am busy…”

Hmmm… I thought you said you were going to help?

He wants to sell me something else? Actually it’s almost identical to what I am already running – any way now he is REFUSING to HELP and REFUSES to REFUND my eight bucks.

You decide, is this someone you would like to do business with?”

It is obvious if you go to the item page (search for Phaia), that there are MANY happy customers. The player never had HTML Flashvars or Javascript functionality. HE DID WRONG CHOICE AND NOW ENVATO AND HE ARE KEEPING ME RESPONSIBLE for this customer mistake.

Despite that he is ruining my items reputation he also rated the one which he bought. Phaia. that player has more than 7 updates and is bug free. Also I offer 1-2 hours free support.

I told him to ask Envato support to have his money back.

I asked Envato for help, guess what? They said that can’t help me. He is customer and he can rate. Regardless the situation.

I think this marketplace is hurting itself by being not proactive in such situations. The rating system is TOTALLY OUTDATED . The support is trying just to finish the working day and get their salaries. I remember 3 months ago I waited them for 3 months just to replace on of the thumbnails of another item.

Personally I took a decision. If Envato do not take the appropriate action against those type of clients’ behavior, I will not publish anything else here anymore.

I am feeling totally helpless and the hours I spent to bring some nice products here are lost for me.

It is not just the FJ case. There are many similar situation and the Envato reaction is abusive.

even not two cents.

4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

the customer is always right :)

660 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
the customer is always right :)

the customer AND the wife. :D

660 posts
+1 more
donchev_a says

I really need help. This guy is posting on all the items.

All the smae comment under each of my items. I’ll post some e-mails.

already sent 2 days ago our corespondence to Envato. No one from the support took the time to READ what the issue is… and to THINK . not just send all prepared answers.

“thank you but…”

The Phaia player is really free of any bugs. Just this RUDE creature without a drop of mind in his head made me to spend 3 hours today just to write letters and flagging comments. Who will reimburse me, for the time and the emotions?

I need an answer?

4596 posts Love & Light
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I had a whole template site taken down for a week because there was a tiny bug with the videoplayer component showing incorrect time for only videos that are longer than 30secs… a customer complained to envato support – i did not respond in time and staff took the file down. to fix the glitch was just changing math.round to math.floor in one part of the code. did this warrant taking the whole template down for a week and effect sales further by not making it to the popular files page for that week?? sometimes envato has to make judgement calls and usually they’ll put the customer first since that is where their income comes from so what can u do as an author… it happens

5324 posts The Dude Abides
    Located in United States Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I just went through your files and flagged a bunch of his/her comments. If he/she continues to post on all your files he/she should be given a severe warning as this is obviously inappropriate.

Unfortunate some customer’s don’t understand that there’s a BIG difference between tech support and customizations.

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

those are the types of buyers that they should be penalized

114 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Mexico Won a competition
+5 more
fractma says

That’s so sad my friend, I’m fully agree with your statement, sometimes we deal with newbie users that want full support and special customization when they pay just 5 to 10 bucks for royalty free stock files, all this items are not sold just to one customer, they are sold several times to several needs, just keep the good work and try to make your customers understand that what they bought was not fully developed to them…

660 posts
+1 more
donchev_a says
I had a whole template site taken down for a week because there was a tiny bug with the videoplayer component showing incorrect time for only videos that are longer than 30secs… a customer complained to envato support – i did not respond in time and staff took the file down. to fix the glitch was just changing math.round to math.floor in one part of the code. did this warrant taking the whole template down for a week and effect sales further by not making it to the popular files page for that week?? sometimes envato has to make judgement calls and usually they’ll put the customer first since that is where their income comes from so what can u do as an author… it happens

DS I aggree with you. but the this case is not the same. The player has 7 (SEVEN) UPDATES . I spent 20 hours only to fix bugs. The customer is not reporting a bug.

He bought a “car” and now he is asking why he can’t fly with it. Well he need an airplane or at least small jet. If you go on Phaia’s page you’ll notice his previous comments…. he is not sure what he is doing or what he bought… he is not reading…

there is no bug, there is no lack of support. he is asking for additional work (5) hours. told him, do not have plans for it…. and he… said: “Angel, this is my last plea to work this out civilly.”

He is RUDE and Envato took his side. I would like to have an explanation WHY Envato took his side. Where my mistake is. What is wrong with the player or the support that I offer. I need solid explanation.

5324 posts The Dude Abides
    Located in United States Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
I need solid explanation.

Try writing Lance?

by
by
by
by
by
by