2114 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
fifty_tons says

I’ve also had a customer saying that nothing in my product works, and it’s crap, and she’s gonna contact suport, and she’s gonna post annoying comments on my files bla bla bla. And I told her to hire a freelancer and leave me alone. And she did, and after that she apologized, because the freelancer told her that it was nothing wrong with the file, but she was completing the XML all messed up. My advice, tell him/her you don’t give a crap :D.

660 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
anyway the customer is always right! :(

you should stop thinking like this. Someone its right when hes right not because its something, customer or whatever. I am serious.

donchev_a i am with you but :D chill out man, its just one problem. You said it, you have wonderful customers. Sometime in your life you’ll get some less awesome buyers. That happens. Can leave the marketplace for just one bad event. :)

Thanks mate.

I will not leave because of this case. i’ll leave if I do not get an acceptable responce from the suport. I want to feel good here. I want to know that all the authors who take good care of their items will be protected from such crazy minds.

Several times we have posts about the rating. Several times authors (including FJ) are commenting this issue. I do not understand why the support and the whole Envato are not taking any actions.

I will not allow me to spend 5 hours on similar issue in the feature. I need a solid arguments what’s going on behind the scene, why the suppport are so careless…?

you dont’ know but I took the time to explain to them what the situation is. And if they just spend 5 minutes to check the item and the other comments and to read all the RUDE emails ( I sent them as well)... they was able to save me 5 hours….

8186 posts Community Moderator
  • Community Moderator
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

The buyers dont actually make the money for Envato, us authors do. WE are more important than the buyers.

Think about it, if we dont get looked after and have support looking out for us so this kinda thing doesn’t happen, we leave… there are otherplaces we can sell. Then who pays envato?

no author support = no authors = no buyers = no money = :(

1612 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+5 more
DaniMun says

Angel, I’m really sorry to hear what you’re dealing with, and I’d really hate it if you left, I completely understand your frustration, fact is, I’ve also faced a pretty similar situation, except for the fact that I’ve never contacted support because of a customer who rated one of my 5-star items with 1/5.

Just because the customer is right most of the times, doesn’t mean they’re ALWAYS right. Think about that for a moment.

The Envato support is great, however they’re all humans, just like the rest of us. Anyway, I’m 100% on your side.

However, I’d dare suggest you calm down and let the support team do their job, I’m certain they’re gonna help you out on this.

Be strong, you’re the best, your portfolio is outstanding, your files are awesome, but of course you already know that.

We all love you, Angel!

Right fellow authors?

:)

4501 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

true but without buyers, there would be no sales for authors… authors and buyers are equally important.

7173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
+1 more
doru says
double post :?

its just like a circle :)

2114 posts
  • Exclusive Author
fifty_tons says

true but without buyers, there would be no sales for authors… authors and buyers are equally important.

Support in case bugs are found is mandatory (at least morally). Also, support in customizing minor things like “where do I change a color” and stuff like that is also good to provide your customers with. But further than that, it’s not mandatory and should NOT be free.

1612 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+5 more
DaniMun says

Support in case bugs are found is mandatory (at least morally). Also, support in customizing minor things like “where do I change a color” and stuff like that is also good to provide your customers with. But further than that, it’s not mandatory and should NOT be free.

Definitely +1

1242 posts
  • Colombia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
CarlosViloria says

Definitely +1

yes +1

660 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
Angel, I’m really sorry to hear what you’re dealing with, and I’d really hate it if you left, I completely understand your frustration, fact is, I’ve also faced a pretty similar situation, except for the fact that I’ve never contacted support because of a customer rated one of my 5-star items with 1/5.

Just because the customer is right most of the times, doesn’t mean they’re ALWAYS right. The Envato support is great, however they’re all humans, just like the rest of us. Anyway, I’m 100% on your side.

However, I’d dare suggest you calm down and let the support team do their job, I’m certain they’re gonna help you out on this.

Be strong, you’re the best, your portfolio is outstanding, your files are awesome, but of course you already know that.

We all love you, Angel!

Right fellow authors?

:)

you know my opinion about the authors.. I love you all. Some of you more… ;-)

Now I am not about myself, but about the authors and the real things.

I have bad (4) rating of my fullscreen button. I am fine with it. I know it is a real.

But.

I think, this place will be exceptional if: the support is not taking any side but taking the site of the real facts. If you see an item with 5 and nice comments… you can not just say: the customers are always right.

I know all we are humans and mistakes are possible. this is why I sent several emails… and guess what.. got the same. just because no one reads emails. just doing job, taking sallary.

Envato is rising the quality bar for the authors. Let Envato rise the quality bar for the customers. We need balance. Not just earning money (envato) or asking for money back (customers). And I am sure the crazy customers are not that many. Just we need a little bit more attention from the support.

by
by
by
by
by
by