4670 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
digitalscience says

I just hope there is an FAQ tab on file pages in the redesign… otherwise I will punch a baby :)

jokes :P

535 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
dimumurray says
Support in case bugs are found is mandatory (at least morally). Also, support in customizing minor things like “where do I change a color” and stuff like that is also good to provide your customers with. But further than that, it’s not mandatory and should NOT be free.

Maybe FD should provide a disclaimer tab (or in the description) with something like the following:

PLEASE READ ITEM DESCRIPTION IN FULL PRIOR TO PURCHASE . IN THE EVENT THAT THE DESCRIPTION DOES NOT COVER AN ISSUE OF INTEREST TO YOU THE POTENTIAL BUYER , KNOW THAT YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO MAKE FURTHER INQUIRES TO DETERMINE IF THE ITEM MEETS YOUR GOALS . SUPPORT FOR THIS ITEM IS LIMITED TO BUG FIXES , BASIC TOOL INTEGRATION AND TROUBLE -SHOOTING. NEW FEATURE REQUESTS DO NOT FALL UNDER THE NOTION OF SUPPORT AND THEIR IMPLEMENTATION IS UP TO THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE AUTHOR .

660 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
Support in case bugs are found is mandatory (at least morally). Also, support in customizing minor things like “where do I change a color” and stuff like that is also good to provide your customers with. But further than that, it’s not mandatory and should NOT be free.

Maybe FD should provide a disclaimer tab (or in the description) with something like the following:

PLEASE READ ITEM DESCRIPTION IN FULL PRIOR TO PURCHASE . IN THE EVENT THAT THE DESCRIPTION DOES NOT COVER AN ISSUE OF INTEREST TO YOU THE POTENTIAL BUYER , KNOW THAT YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO MAKE FURTHER INQUIRES TO DETERMINE IF THE ITEM MEETS YOUR GOALS . SUPPORT FOR THIS ITEM IS LIMITED TO BUG FIXES , BASIC TOOL INTEGRATION AND TROUBLE -SHOOTING. NEW FEATURE REQUESTS DO NOT FALL UNDER THE NOTION OF SUPPORT AND THEIR IMPLEMENTATION IS UP TO THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE AUTHOR .

totally 99999999999++++++

660 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+1 more
donchev_a says
I just hope there is an FAQ tab on file pages in the redesign… otherwise I will punch a baby :) jokes :P

i thought you are male… :D

4670 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says

dimumurray… very good point …if support is not mandatory, then surely the buyers should be informed about this before they purchase the file… this part is seemed to be left up to the authors to explain how this works to their buyers. And some authors are more religious with their support, sometimes spending far too much time on free support ie actually making a lose cos that time could’ve been spent on making more files. so those who chose not to support are seen in buyers eyes as “having a bad reputation” even though they are doing nothing wrong by not supporting their file. They’ve done the work and made the file, and that’s what the buyer is paying for. There is no obligation to support the file – other than providing a detailed help file of course ;)

4670 posts Love & Light
+8 more
digitalscience says
I just hope there is an FAQ tab on file pages in the redesign… otherwise I will punch a baby :) jokes :P

erm I am… do women punch babes??... ohhhh wait… u mean give birth to a baby… no I meant physically hit (punch) a baby in the face… lol ok bad joke…never mind :P I like babies :)

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
I have bad (4*) rating of my fullscreen button. I am fine with it. I know it is a real.

I know we all have high standards but I wouldn’t consider 4 bad.

2115 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fifty_tons says

erm I am… do women punch babes??... ohhhh wait… u mean give birth to a baby… no I meant physically hit (punch) a baby in the face… lol ok bad joke...never mind :P I like babies :)

No it wasn’t, I was laughing my ass off :D :D :D

5360 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

lol! Hide you babies from DS :D

2115 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fifty_tons says

+1, although I’d limit support to BUG FIXES . Basci tool integration is pretty relative and could be misinterpreted. Basic tool integration should be available in the help file.

Teaching the buyers how to use Flash, or HTML , or XML , or Joomla etc is really non of the author’s business :D. Same goes for trouble shooting, Sometimes (very rarely fortunately) receive emails from users trying to integrate a component in an HTML website, or a Joomla website more recently, but they have absolutely no idea on how to do that. Some don;t really understand what paths are, and that by changing a folder name, or moving a folder will mess everything up. Would you like to help everybody for free? :D. Personally I can give them an URL to a tutorial or something, but nothing more. There are so many types of websites nowadays that I don’t even know how to integrate flash in some of them :D.

by
by
by
by
by
by