• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

Firstly, I sympathise with your situation, it is very unlicky that this has happened to you.

I just deleted it. will wait with this comment.

Wait… You Just deleted your file\\?!? Calm down man!!! What they are saying is it takes up valuable developer time to remove the rating as they are the only people who know how to operate the database. That time is supposed to be being spent on getting the new site up and running. And IMO : Nowhere in any of the blockquotes you posted does it say anything about them taking sides or suggesting that they are being biased, the comments in the reply from Jonathan and the email, say vertually the same thing. Please think rationally here. :)

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says

I think with this rating system we (clients/authors/staff) are in a gray area.

Who want to rate a product should have to leave a comment.

Something like Amazon rating. They shows you how many 2 stars votes ( for example ) and when you click on them they shows you the comments for those 2 stars.

So when someone leave a message that he hates you for not doing 1001 free customization, the other people (normal), who knows and respect the work of others, will understand why he gives you one star.

660 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
donchev_a says
Angel,

I understand your frustrations, being a victim of some unjust low ratings myself. But I do not understand why you are taking this as a personal attack towards you and your business? Very confused here, you’ve been with us for a while, and have seen the little pitfalls that come from unhappy buyers (for whatever reason), and yet you got a bad rating, and because Envato will not remove the 1 rating, you’re getting frustrated.

I’m talking to you personally here, not as a manager, but as a friend. I think you are taking this a bit overboard. I get the frustration, I get how it could affect sales, I get all of it. But in the real world, on the internet, dealing with customers is always this way. If someone is unhappy they can do some stupid things, but thats life. You’ve never seen a person walk into a store and throw a fit because the lawn mower they just bought doesn’t make toast!? (of course I don’t mean that literally). Working in retail when I was younger, you’d be surprised how crazy some customers can be.

I worked in a toy store that was operating through the christmas season inside of a Sears. They didn’t have a toy department at the time so they wanted us to come in with our inventory so they can bring in more customers. I sold something to a woman, some stupid little toy for like 10 bucks. She came back 3 hours later FUMING ! she was upset because it didnt come with batteries. I pointed to the side of the box where it clearly states “batteries not included, requires 2 AA batteries”. And she demanded a refund for her troubles. According to our policy I couldn’t give her a refund. She lost it and went crazy. Literally stood outside of the store for 4 days, warning customers walking in that I was a bad person and that the store are made up of crooks. I went to the Sears manager, and they said…”nothing we can do, its her right to be unhappy”.

Thats pretty much how it went. And now in your case your unhappy because a buyer got unreasonably upset and rated your file bad. Envato is merely saying, that it was the customers opinion, and they cant remove the rating. This is not Envato taking the customers side, and being against you. Try to understand that. We all like you here, and want you to stay here. Its frustrating…I know. But there are plans to reform the rating system to help prevent mis-rating files for the wrong reason, in the works. Just hang in there buddy!

thanks MarkBrodhuber, just to let you and the other guys. I am not taking this personal nor emotional. I am done with it on this level.

Here is a case where a customer did wrong choice. I gave him an advice to ask the Support for refund. I send message to the Support asking them to help me. TPN helped me with the comments and I was fine with this, unless Jordan started again to clarifying to me that in this case this is all that you guys can do. And because I hold all the conversations and I know what the situation is… I know you could do better. Just pushing you. For better. As you pushed us by rising the level of the quality, now I am taking my part in the growth process of this marketplace. All my comments have one goal – to bring something better for all of us: authors, clients, Envato.

you require more proffesional work from us and I agrree. Now I require more professionallism from you and I think this is fair. Regardless the case or the sides. Just not blind comments and answers. I need something proffesional and adequate. That’s all.

I lived my 33 years without Envato, I could live without it another 33. But if I am a part of this, and I think I can help in anyway I’ll do it. without fear or because of laziness.

Actually if you start reading in between the lines you’ll FEEL what I’m talking about.

cheers!

ooo and another thing. If Envato was like Sears I’ll step out immediately. ;-)

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
Wait… You Just deleted your file\\?!? Calm down man!!! What they are saying is it takes up valuable developer time to remove the rating as they are the only people who know how to operate the database. That time is supposed to be being spent on getting the new site up and running. And IMO : Nowhere in any of the blockquotes you posted does it say anything about them taking sides or suggesting that they are being biased, the comments in the reply from Jonathan and the email, say vertually the same thing. Please think rationally here. :)

did not delete the item. will not leave Envato. That’s for sure and that’s because of Lance.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+1 more
doru says
did not delete the item. will not leave Envato. That’s for sure and that’s because of Lance.

A too bad :( for a moment I believed I will have less competition to worry about :P

crap, my plan to buy other authors items and make them crazy so they leave the marketplace didn’t work after all.

I want my money back, donchev_a

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Very reasonable Angel! I do totally FEEL what you are saying and understand completely how frustrating it can be. I promise you personally that I will begin talking with other site managers to try to come up with ways to improve the rating system. I know its on the agenda its just a matter of time. This will get worked out and hopefully provide a much more accurate way to rate a product.

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
Very reasonable Angel! I do totally FEEL what you are saying and understand completely how frustrating it can be. I promise you personally that I will begin talking with other site managers to try to come up with ways to improve the rating system. I know its on the agenda its just a matter of time. This will get worked out and hopefully provide a much more accurate way to rate a product.

Thanks Mark! All POSITIVE feedback regarding the rating system is very welcome!

I feel all we are clear about the rating and excuses are not appropriate regarding this issue.

Thank you for being proactive and actually offer something real. Now lets lock this thread and concentrate on more constructive discussions or work. I am done.

Have a wonderful day to all. hugs and smiles angel

p.p. Jordan buddy, if I made you feel bad today, please accept my sincere apologize. You are just doing great. You do not need an improvement in your work, but the system. Wish you have peaceful day.

4247 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Hey Donchev,

I see clearly what’s happened to cause this situation. You offered help that mentions no particular conditions. It was more of a statement that no matter what someone contacted you about regarding having purchased one of your files, that if they request help, you’d help them. A disclaimer would be a smart idea. List your conditions about helping. In case you are busy, in case there is a bug, in case there is no problem… list the necessary things that are most common and let your customers know that you can only help them under those conditions.

It seems completely obvious that the particular customer who worked you up about it was just taking advantage of your offer to help in a spiteful way. It seems he was looking for someone to ruin their reputation, and you happened to be the choice of his victimization. Good luck man.

660 posts
  • United States
donchev_a says
Hey Donchev,

I see clearly what’s happened to cause this situation. You offered help that mentions no particular conditions. It was more of a statement that no matter what someone contacted you about regarding having purchased one of your files, that if they request help, you’d help them. A disclaimer would be a smart idea. List your conditions about helping. In case you are busy, in case there is a bug, in case there is no problem… list the necessary things that are most common and let your customers know that you can only help them under those conditions.

It seems completely obvious that the particular customer who worked you up about it was just taking advantage of your offer to help in a spiteful way. It seems he was looking for someone to ruin their reputation, and you happened to be the choice of his victimization. Good luck man.

Thanks Dude. Your opinion is always valuable to me! I’ll do it soon (now I’m really busy) :D.

When your birthday is and what’s your PayPal account? Please give me this piece of happiness by allowing me to send you several bucks. ;-) angel

by
by
by
by
by
by