• Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Sophonic says

Hey Richspeller, I tried the twitter thing and I also noticed every time I tweeted a promo with a referral link to my song it gave me like 3 click throughs instantly. They were not coming from people instantly checking out my stuff it was something that twitter does. I kept trying it and every time I would tweet it was about 3 click throughs. You might think the tweet thing gets real results because you see click throughs but in fact the bulk of the click throughs you see are just some automated process.

I would try other forms of promotion as well as twitter if that is in fact your only source of referral click throughs. I saw you have a twitter account so I figured that is where you are promoting. I think the twitter thing works best when you have gained lots of “fans” and buyers, and they follow you. I don’t know if many people are searching out there background music by searching twitter.

If you mean 35 referrals by just click throughs thats not going to do it. To give you a idea I had almost 600 clickthroughs last month and only got 7 deposits.

168 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Italy
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
Skanoir says

It’s true, this kind of posts appear at least 2 or 3 times per month. I’ve been here for a few months, so i’m not an expert, but i understood that it just happens… Last month i had a really bad start (and now i’m experiencing a drop of sales again) but then i had a great month ending. So i think that the explanation is that… there’s no explanation. It’s just the way it goes here. Unless you have a large and great portfolio you will always go through ups and downs. There are really lots of factors involved in sales tendency so i guess it’s impossible to fully understand what happens. Just keep working and hope for the best! :)

614 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FxProSound says

Stock bussiness is a rollercoaster so If you are on the bottom it could be only better. One day I have 1 sale, another 40 sales, you must to get used with it and do not have too high expectations :)

richspeller_music
richspeller_music Recent Posts
Threads Started
131 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
richspeller_music says

If you mean 35 referrals by just click throughs thats not going to do it. To give you a idea I had almost 600 clickthroughs last month and only got 7 deposits.

Yup, 35 will certainly not do it… I have a website (2 in fact, one relatively new), YouTube account, I have now begun uploading to Vimeo too. I will also (whenever I find the time), begin a non exclusive account, as well as getting a WordPress or similar thing, behance, about.me and more. I am very serious but it is difficult if a basic thing such as sales (even 2 per week would be good) are not henceforth (that’s a good word that!). I remember reading something T McMorris said about trying out so many different before succeeding, this sounds just like me.

The only thing I am not part of, which might be good is Facebook. The only problem here is that I f*ing hate “FB” :-)

I shall solider on and I shall get there!

490 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

Stock bussiness is a rollercoaster so If you are on the bottom it could be only better. One day I have 1 sale, another 40 sales, you must to get used with it and do not have too high expectations :)

+1 for this. I had only 3 sales last week (which is way under my avarage), but this week sales are picking up again. I had 11 sales today, including 2 extended licenses. It really is like a rollorcoaster, and lowering expectations does help!

by
by
by
by
by
by