630 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

This page says it all: http://robbydesigns.com/?page_id=2

Note that useless url . gordon bennet!

162 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
ponjoh says

Dude, you can change the URL format :P Settings > Permalinks.

Don’t you dare insult my precious Wordpress! ;)

537 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Oh man :D

352 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
danharper says

As pointed out above, changing the URL structure to something friendlier is simple.

As for a “real” homepage, well WordPress is designed first-and-foremost as a blog system, so it makes sense for the blog posts to be your home page.

But changing that is simple, too:
  • Create two new pages: ‘Home’ and ‘Blog’
  • Go to Settings > Reading
  • For ‘Front Page Displays…’ pick ‘A Static Page’
  • Set your ‘Front Page’ as ‘Home’ and ‘Posts Page’ as ‘Blog’.
1589 posts Chris Robinson
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
contempoinc says

Definitely should do a little research before you come out dogging the almighty WP ;)

630 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says
Dude, you can change the URL format :P Settings > Permalinks. Don’t you dare insult my precious Wordpress! ;)

The URL format only allows rubbish url’s like above or date/time NOT proper url’s like /about-me.html or alike.

The crap that shows on the right is there for every page. Even if I delete those right hand parts they stay—example, it simply says ‘Blogroll’ with no entries.

Oh my word, you guys have a lot of patience.

4321 posts ThemeForest Reviewer
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
Ivor Envato team says

“Too techy, too boring, too uselsss.” Oh my god dude, this isn’t the right place to talk sh?t about WP :D PSDTuts have this :

http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/news/(name of the article)

Why would you like to have .html? that’s kinda sucks!

630 posts
+2 more
RobbyDesigns says

ha ha, guess I lost my rag there but I have to admit this WP is hardcore compared to coding static HTML /XHTML.

I am battling my way through it but need a little help, I figured out the url’s : http://robbydesigns.com/about but how come I cant get rid of all that mess on the right (BlogRoll, Categories, etc etc etc) Is it that I have simply bought a rubbish theme (not from Envato btw).

Maybe my idea of using WP for a web design portfolio isnt so good, maybe (like you guys said) it’s fine for Blogs.

?

6 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
bobegods says

“Hey guys, I’m RobbyDesigns. I really want to know how I can get somethin’ for nothin’? I am FOR HIRE but I don’t want to take the time to actually DO THE WORK . Ha, ha. Guess it wouldn’t hurt me to actually READ through a few tutorials on the WordPress website, eh? Maybe I should’ve done that before I made a fool of myself. Hee hee. Oh well, maybe I’ll just stick with my good buddy HTML …”

6 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
bobegods says

Sorry man. Just thought I’d throw in some humor. WP is the only way to go. Really. There is little that come close.

by
by
by
by
by
by