150 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+4 more
loswl says

I get what you are saying on a surface level way of thinking, but the path of least resistance is not necessarily the better path, it just has least resistance!

We are here to learn and earn, and just like a Body Builder who trains to build bigger muscles, he never goes in the gym to work out on a machine with the least resistance, he always try to add more tension so that his muscles will grow bigger each day. Yes, sometimes a denial of a file may hurt or seems a waste of time, but we all learn, and the end result is a better designer, quality designs, more sales, more followers….more moneeey!!

Some rejected files can be sold on our own websites or in other stores, and it’s great to earn a little extra cash outside of Envato, but the system that Envato has in place is a very, very good one, which allow us all to grow our design muscles and improve the marketplace, thanks Envato…Now let me go check if my file got rejected :)

570 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
BoxedCreative says

I get what you are saying on a surface level way of thinking, but the path of least resistance is not necessarily the better path, it just has least resistance!

We are here to learn and earn, and just like a Body Builder who trains to build bigger muscles, he never goes in the gym to work out on a machine with the least resistance, he always try to add more tension so that his muscles will grow bigger each day. Yes, sometimes a denial of a file may hurt or seems a waste of time, but we all learn, and the end result is a better designer, quality designs, more sales, more followers….more moneeey!!

Some rejected files can be sold on our own websites or in other stores, and it’s great to earn a little extra cash outside of Envato, but the system that Envato has in place is a very, very good one, which allow us all to grow our design muscles and improve the marketplace, thanks Envato…Now let me go check if my file got rejected :)

I second everything you just said!

849 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Rewroc says

I second everything you just said!

I third that! :)

76 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
+2 more
prowebmedia says

I already said this in every post I made in this thread, but, again, this is not a post complaining about rejections.

My work also has improved because I had some items rejected and I had to create better work to get items accepted.

@quickandeasy:

“Yes, the same with me! The competition here forces you to improve :D”

Also, this is not a thread about competition amongst the items and members here, on GR.

It’s about competition between sites.

GR is one of the first sites that sells this kind of work. Someone in this thread said that there already is competition.

So why create more competition then ?

From the point of the buyer that’s of course a good thing, because competition means better items with better prices.

From the point of view of GR (and consequently, from the point of view of authors/sellers) however, competition (other sites that sell the same kind of work) is not a good thing.

@loswl

”...but the path of least resistance is not necessarily the better path, it just has least resistance!”

I never said that it’s the best path. I only said that most people tend to follow the path of least resistance.

”...but the system that Envato has in place is a very, very good one, which allow us all to grow our design muscles and improve the marketplace, thanks Envato…Now let me go check if my file got rejected”

Right. I agree. It’s a good system.

Then why create unnecessary competition ? That couldn’t possibly be a good thing for the system.

952 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

How not? Competition means quality. Low competition mean quantity and for this kind of site quality is over quantity coz its much better to browse between 20 good designs than 1000 designs of everything.

76 posts
+2 more
prowebmedia says

aleluja, did you read the post above ?

I was talking about competition between web sites (between GR and other sites) and not about competition between authors here, on GR.

938 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
graphicmind says

The quality of files on this site (in other words, how difficult it is to get items accepted) is one of the factors when you talk about competition between GraphicRiver and other sites.

But really I don’t think there is a problem with the path being difficult and all, it’s just that the reviewing process can be improved by making reviewing more consistent and giving proper reasons for rejections.

76 posts
+2 more
prowebmedia says

“it’s just that the reviewing process can be improved by making reviewing more consistent “

I agree.

Consistency and proper reasons would improve things.

by
by
by
by
by
by