9 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
tristar1983 says

Honestly i don’t really like it that much, not because it’s bad or anything, it’s just that most of the designers don’t change a thing when using it, so every other template looks the same! Just my point of view :)

Very true. Although I’ve not tried using Bootstrap yet so I may change my mind ;)

3749 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+9 more
pezflash says

Honestly i don’t really like it that much, not because it’s bad or anything, it’s just that most of the designers don’t change a thing when using it, so every other template looks the same!

Amen.

59 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Little-Neko says

Hi, Bootstrap (like any framework) have some bad sides (like adding HTML for presentation purpose, loading more code than necessary, non-semantic classes, not mobile first). All the drawbacks are philosophical, i’d say. Wich is important for sure, but there are so many good points that essentially speed up developpement. Most browser compatibilities issues are handled by the framework, you get lots of components out of the box… And most of all, when it comes to HTML templates, your buyers can tweak the code like crazy, and get 396 validation errors without breaking the layout :). Also if they made a website using a bootstrap template, it s easy to use another BS theme to change design with no need to rewrite all the HTML.

59 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+2 more
Little-Neko says

- oops double post!

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

About the lookalike designs subject – It depends how you see things. I find that a template has very boring parts inside it: regular content areas where a user may need add standard content blocks easy, with no fuss. There I see bootstrap doing a good job.
The other parts of the structure, where it needs to stand out… well, there is where a designer needs to add the magic. Simple bootstrap eye-makeups will always be boring.

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ColorByt says

We have experimented with it for a bit, and came to a point where much of it was simply overridden with our own CSS. So we took what we needed from it and removed it completely.

3 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+1 more
psdxhtml says

Hi, Bootstrap (like any framework) have some bad sides (like adding HTML for presentation purpose, loading more code than necessary, non-semantic classes, not mobile first). [...]

About those non-semantic classes… nobody is forcing you to write your html like: div class=”span8” a class=”button blue blah-blah”... etc. – You can also build the grid in the LESS by using mixins delivered by Bootstrap.

I think the non-semantic way of using it is just populated so much because it’s a kind of ‘solution for everybody’ but if you know what your doing then you can make things a little better.

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
jk000jk says

Is popular because people are lazy and they just think about fast money, it sells because most buyers are novices which will never have a successful site where the loading speed is not something just “nice to have”, same for jquery, I see it used just for a hover effect or minimal effects but at least there is a CDN for it. With all the responsive themes, it makes it even worst since they are loading the same files/images on phones.

1484 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Is popular because people are lazy and they just think about fast money, it sells because most buyers are novices which will never have a successful site where the loading speed is not something just “nice to have”, same for jquery, I see it used just for a hover effect or minimal effects but at least there is a CDN for it. With all the responsive themes, it makes it even worst since they are loading the same files/images on phones.
You are joking, right?
3100 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says
http://divshot.github.com/geo-bootstrap/ it is so popular because of this theme. ahh geocities. memories

the Input with error style is win

by
by
by
by
by
by