13 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
GajahModo says

:D this thread make me LOL :D

wiicker95, you’re just same with my grandpa (80 years old), he was angry because he can’t find any buttons in his TV to change the volumes, yeah…he just too old to playing with the remote.

962 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
EireStudio says

@wicker care to show us some of your top notch work?

894 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
infuse01 says

I would be also interested to see your portfolio wiicker95.

336 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

@wiicker95 Bro, if you are seriously into TF theme development, do follow what the world follow each new day here and learn new stuffs without hesitation. It is a market place and themes must be sold (we authors must live). 99% of the buyers will look for an updated / recent product here that satisfies the new stuffs out in the web.

Anyway, If you still doubt about the need of HTML5 here, then go with your own preference, produce your own themes and..lets see if you get enough sales and satisfied user base here.

All the best!

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in France
wiicker95 says

I have already posted it in one of my replies. VIDEO is redundant to OBJECT.
I know, but maybe you did not get my question: I want my site to have video that works on iOs and android. How do I do this in HTML4?

Asking that means that you didn’t understand the purpose of HTML and internet, and that is to deliver content to each and every person out there, regardless of their physical disabilities or the inaptitude of the device they are currently using.

As it is bad to use illegible color contrasts when dealing with colorblind, using target=”_blank” to distrub blind while navigating, not using :focus pseudo-class and just leaving out on the cold the keyboard navigators, it is bad to do what you just asked.

I know that the most of you, if not everyone, aren’t colorblind, blind or deaf, but you have to think about them too. In the very same and exact way, not everybody can afford an ultra-fast connection, or is plain simply limited by his device ( I’m talking about handheld here, as you might know, such devices have a VERY limited bandwidth ). Enabling videos on such devices ON PURPOSE means that you never heard of WCAG in your life, all you know is painting artsy farsty pictures, and that is not what web design is about. Explain me now, how can I, with my iphone or whatever, access any video you post with, say, Starbucks or MCDonald’s lousy WiFi, if I can’t even download all the content images without eating or drinking whatever I ordered TWICE? There is just no point. But you all seem to forget that, or you quite possibly just never learned it.

I am really not going to talk about this here anymore, all I wanted is a straight answer why exactly, and not lessons from people who’s websites aren’t worth a flying purple fish for all the reasons mentioned.

236 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
GradaStudio says

hahahahah some people are hard to teach :P

894 posts
+5 more
infuse01 says

You come here, explaining that you’ve started as a new exclusive author because you want to sell something here, but before you do so you would like to get one question answered. At the first place it seems you’re a motivated guy who simply want to start a conversation. But actually all you do is bitching around, discrediting other authors who already selling their stuff here and instead of posting links to your own work where we actually can see your point and try to understand, you’re only “talking”. So why not simply stopping posting like a kid with no proof and instead post your work which accompanies your statements above. I really would love to test your work across many different resolutions and devices to see if they promise what you’re talking. Or is your work only worth a flying purple fish?

1032 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+10 more
Parallelus says

I’m not smart enough to participate in this conversation. I’m sure if I tried wiicker95 would explain to me why I’m wrong and provide me with corrections on all my inaccurate opinions. I’ll just save everyone some time.

94 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
webTypo says

Hello wiicker95!

Welcome to ThemeForest.

Why is html5 so valued here?

You already answered the question:

what do the users like the most when it comes to web templates

Let me add that you should also create responsive templates and make them retina ready as well.

This is a marketplace for the best website templates in the world, not an antique store. (Even though there are some exceptions: some designs look like they belong to the antique store, but everything for the buyers, right?)

I suggest that now you got the basic needs of the buyers, start working instead of going into lengthy discussions that doesn’t go anywhere.

As a buyer, I can’t wait to see your first item. You put the bar pretty high for yourself.

104 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
+2 more
pjtops says

In the very same and exact way, not everybody can afford an ultra-fast connection, or is plain simply limited by his device ( I’m talking about handheld here, as you might know, such devices have a VERY limited bandwidth ). Enabling videos on such devices ON PURPOSE means that you never heard of WCAG in your life, all you know is painting artsy farsty pictures, and that is not what web design is about.

Explain me now, how can I, with my iphone or whatever, access any video you post with, say, Starbucks or MCDonald’s lousy WiFi, if I can’t even download all the content images without eating or drinking whatever I ordered TWICE? There is just no point. But you all seem to forget that, or you quite possibly just never learned it.

- 25% of utube views come from mobile devices ( http://www.youtube.com/yt/press/statistics.html). Even if you don’t do it yourself, that should give you a very clear, objective perspective of just how widespread video use on mobile devices is. As u-tube gets over 800 million unique visitors a month, its safe to say that atleast 200 million people watch 1 video on a mobile device each month.

- In terms of traffic, mobile phones account for 13% of all internet traffic. And this figure is still rising, meaning it cannot be ignored or wished away.

- Supporting video on mobile devices, and forcing users to automatically download a video, are two very different things. There are dozens of ways to prevent wasteful video streaming, and one of them is as simple as setting the ‘preload’ attribute in HTML5.

Back to the question you still haven’t answered: how to support video on iOS and Android mobile devices in HTML4? If it cannot be done, just say so, instead of going off on a tangent about accessibility for blind people. The same organization that brought WCAG, also set HTML5 as a standard. It comes in two flavors: normal & xml (for those migrating from XHTML who like to keep things neat, compact & semantic).

by
by
by
by
by
by