72 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mattmatt88 says

hello,

I’m wondering why this theme [link removed] is accepted.

It’s very simple and looks like a free theme and there are not much addons. Many themes like this don’t get accepted.

Don’t misunderstand me – I’m happy that it is accepted. But I don’t really understand why similar, simple designed themes, don’t get accepted

5757 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+13 more
KingDog Envato team says

Hey matt. I had to remove your link due to the forum rules of not calling out authors on the forums. There are a wide variety of themes and styles that our review team approves for sale on the Marketplace :)

2064 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

They have to have some crappy themes so that there are good themes. If all of the themes were good, they’d be considered average.

54 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
coatsrc says

seems lately that there are a lot of people disgruntled about recent themes and the reviewers decisions regarding theme acception & denial….

The way I see it is that we have to just kind of ignore the themes that we feel are not appealing or what we consider “premium”. If the theme stinks but still manages to get through the reviewing process, it still may not sell like all the other premium themes on here (if other people share that thought). However, this really does not matter to the people who did not even make the theme.

In terms of design, artistic tastes differ from one person to the next. For example there is one theme on here that to me looks incredibly out of place compared to other themes that I have seen. However, that is my opinion. The reviewer who accepts or denies themes have their own opinion too.

by
by
by
by
by
by