• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says
No matter whatever reason you give, no commissioning agent deserves more than 40%-50%. 50% can be well used for marketing & promotion still leaving you with huge profits. I might sound rude but its nothing but exploitation. Thats why i don’t sell here, there are other great sites who are paying much better.

At such an increasing inflation rate around the world, My suggestion to envato is to increase the selling price upto $100 & must pay us flat 60% for exclusivity (scraping sales volume pricing). Envato is well known & established now & very much in position to introduce new pricing structure. Prices for everything are growing up so fast, we cannot keep on selling our stuff for $30 @ 40% forever, leaving us with just $12.

Envato, pls think again! Its time to act now.
It’s your choice and as you said there are many other sites where you can sell your files for larger commission rate so you should try those sites because nobody is forcing you to sell on a specific website ;)

See, Envato has the trust of hundreds of thousands of people. -They are professional at what they do

I’m glad we can all have this discussion guys. Keep em’ coming and you never know Envato might give all authors like a 3 day or something with like 60% commission Hehe.

30 posts
  • Belgium
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
inmotion says

Imagine if Apple would pay authors/developers a 40% share in the iTunes app store. The thing Apple and Flashden do is being your manager/agent and they see to it that your work gets sold. A manager/agent normally takes a 30% cut. Apple knows this. Envato also knows this. True you can earn up to 70% here but only a very few will ever get this far, the majority will always stay under 50%. I think the initial idea to start with a low percentage and increase it when authors made more sales was good and necessary to get people motivated to upload many items on Flashden. But the purpose for this does not exist any more. Today there are more than 6000 files here and a user base of more than 240.000 people. The only reason it still exist is because they can. Monopoly

552 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Mufaddal says

after reading this thread

i chose to be non-exclusive because of the skill i have…i know i wont be able to get to the likes of silver paw authors any moment soon so sales are slow (to tell you the truth). so it is a better option for me.

i get 25% of my sale on envanto.

from xyz i get 48.86%

and abc i get 50% so

it covers the loses.

but this is my choice and my choice alone if you have the skill then i would say go exclusive.

18 posts
sandymojo says

More than commission my main concern is pricing. I mean how could they force us to sell motion graphics projects under $30. Just because they wanted to dominate this very niche they are forcing all graphic artists to compromise on pricing. Before envato happened no one had ever thought of getting 30sec-1min motion graphics at a ridiculous $30 price. Now buyers here have gotten addicted to this price. Young graphic artist here don’t understand that they are simply declining the over all worth of this profession by making this compromise. I once again request ENVATO to reconsider their pricing structure to let us sell our ‘hard work’ at decent price slabs.

615 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 2 000 000 - 4 999 999 dollars
  • Austria
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
Kriesi says
More than commission my main concern is pricing. I mean how could they force us to sell motion graphics projects under $30. Just because they wanted to dominate this very niche they are forcing all graphic artists to compromise on pricing. Before envato happened no one had ever thought of getting 30sec-1min motion graphics at a ridiculous $30 price. Now buyers here have gotten addicted to this price. Young graphic artist here don’t understand that they are simply declining the over all worth of this profession by making this compromise. I once again request ENVATO to reconsider their pricing structure to let us sell our ‘hard work’ at decent price slabs.

People thinking they can get custom projects for 30$, be it a website, motion graphics or an audio pack clearly do not understand how stock marketplaces work. Changing the price from 30 to 50 or even 100$ wouldnt change anything, because it wouldnt be enough for a custom project anyways.

Its an authors job to educate people that request customization or custom projects for 30$.

When someone asks for a customization and makes the generous offer of paying 30-100 bucks you need to tell them that you cant sell this customization to 500 other people that also compensate you for your work. I did that several times now and almost every time my customers understood that.

478 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
kevinsturf says

People thinking they can get custom projects for 30$, be it a website, motion graphics or an audio pack clearly do not understand how stock marketplaces work. Changing the price from 30 to 50 or even 100$ wouldnt change anything, because it wouldnt be enough for a custom project anyways.

Its an authors job to educate people that request customization or custom projects for 30$.

When someone asks for a customization and makes the generous offer of paying 30-100 bucks you need to tell them that you cant sell this customization to 500 other people that also compensate you for your work. I did that several times now and almost every time my customers understood that.

You do have a point. But that all depends if you get sales.

535 posts
  • Beta Tester
dimumurray says

i chose to be non-exclusive because of the skill i have…i know i wont be able to get to the likes of silver paw authors any moment soon so sales are slow (to tell you the truth). so it is a better option for me.

from xyz i get 48.86%

and abc i get 50% so

it covers the loses.

but this is my choice and my choice alone if you have the skill then i would say go exclusive.

Less we forget, you can also:

get 60% from ijk 50% to 75% form qrs and another 25% from tuv….:D

552 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
Mufaddal says

from xyz i get 48.86%

and abc i get 50% so

it covers the loses.

Less we forget, you can also:

get 60% from ijk 50% to 75% form qrs and another 25% from tuv….:D

ok i get it didnt work out that good :D

49 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
Anthonyash says

I don’t understand some of you. You’re complaining about how unfair Envato is being, but you continue to sell your items here. I find that a bit hypocritical. Envato knows that they’re doing, and what they’re doing is pretty fair, that’s what makes them so popular. When you’re selling a product and Envato takes so much from your sales, you have to remember: if they didn’t do that, then you wouldn’t make any money here because there would be no Envato. Just like you, Envato has bills to pay, and their bills are probably a lot more than yours. Not only are you paying Envato to sell your items, you’re also paying for advertising, server costs etc etc, the list goes on.

If you have such a problem with the way things are ran here, just go somewhere else. There are other places, you know. However, good luck, none of them are as popular as Envato.

248 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
dwhitmore says
I don’t understand some of you. You’re complaining about how unfair Envato is being, but you continue to sell your items here. I find that a bit hypocritical. Envato knows that they’re doing, and what they’re doing is pretty fair, that’s what makes them so popular. When you’re selling a product and Envato takes so much from your sales, you have to remember: if they didn’t do that, then you wouldn’t make any money here because there would be no Envato. Just like you, Envato has bills to pay, and their bills are probably a lot more than yours. Not only are you paying Envato to sell your items, you’re also paying for advertising, server costs etc etc, the list goes on. If you have such a problem with the way things are ran here, just go somewhere else. There are other places, you know. However, good luck, none of them are as popular as Envato.

Wow. Try reading the entire thread, ‘pay attention, you’re saying the same sh*t he said’.

8 mile.

by
by
by
by
by
by