3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
D-SHINE says

Hello ,

This is my second track that has been rejected and i cant really understand why , this is a part of the e-mail that AudioJungle send me .

“Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements.

Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.”

And here’s an audio link to my track you can check it and tell me your opinion , where am i doing wrong ?

https://soundcloud.com/mario-popov/the-storm-preview-for

I did those things: I was mixing my track and i exported the final file in 44.1 kHz 16-Bit stereo wave format in master around 13 RMS . I exported all different samples in the same format, and made a zip with all the files separated from the preview which i uploaded in mp3 file.

Thank you.

1480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says
To my ears everything is a bit dry in the drum section, also the vinyl effects in some places are clipping and crackling too bad (about 0:02 and 2:00). If you want to make it sound like from old vinyl, you should put also a filter and cut a bit high and low frequencies, and maybe even make it a bit more mono. This cool free plugin might help:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/vintager-toy-by-solcito-m-sica
Also, the structure is a bit repetitive. You could change some of the instruments, add some more or make same melody with a strings section.
The piano, to my ears, sound a bit cheap.
Well, just my opinion, I could be very well wrong.
1050 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi, Mihai is right…

I hear some distortion, maybe you are compressing too much, try remixing the song lowering down the volume. Also some of the sounds aren’t good quality, there are plenty of free sample libraries out there to help you build a better quality sound.

Don’t give up

129 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
MCDenny says

Hello D-SHINE The first to welcome you to the site, I see that you love doing, and similar music as me, I’ll tell you my observations. In hip hop beats are very important drum line in your melody seems to me that they are too simple and too repetitive, leading to monotony, etc., where the bass? very important element in hip hop music, also I would recommend you to use a higher quality strings it lacks instruments to beat was nice to listen to.

I hope you will continue in the future to do even better

305 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

It SOUNDS ok to me, but I think MCDenny is right the beat is a little repetitive, especially the repetition of the snare. Repetition isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I would either cut the length of the track in half or add more variation… it doesn’t have to be much. Maybe a crash-type sound or something similar every now and then to break it up. But the reviewers will usually tell you if your track is too repetitive in their review, so who knows.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
D-SHINE says

I agree with most if you, and for some of the mistakes you told me , i already knew about them,and i know it can always be better ,but i think that most of your answers are subjective. For example the monotony for some may be better , after all this is Hip Hop. i don t think really that the quality is that bad,i agree that compression is a little bit to much,and there always is more room for elements in the track. But as i sad the music is a subjective thing, of course with some limits. Is there any way i can find some specific information from the reviewers on what i am doing wrong , so i can work on that in the process, because i can modify most of the thing,but the process of reviewing is tooo long (5-7days) ,so wait and wait so just to hear in the end again that my stuff is rejected. I can wait every time so long just to hear rejection,so i need to know the specific things i need to change.

Thank you very much for all the help and suggestions . :)

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

Hi. You could open a trouble ticket to ask what the specific problems are. But, if I can give you some friendly advice, if you already know that a track has some specific problem, work on them, don’t upload it hoping that is approved, because other people usually notice more isuues than the autgor of the track, is a little less indulgent, especially if he is a reviewer. I’m telling this just because you admitted that you alread knew some possible problem about the track. :)

1480 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
Mihai_Sorohan says

Clipping and crackling noises are never subjective. It’s like you would write a love poem with grammar and spelling mistakes and then say “love is subjective”.

409 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
joesacco says

It doesn’t sound terrible at all. It’s got a nice mood actually. The first thing that catches me though is the snare. I would either turn that down a bit, volume wise or eq wise in some areas namely top end… I would even add some reverb to that snare and maybe add some variations to it, drum roll or layer a snare on some beats. Besides all that… I think it’s good enough for the site. If I were a buyer I would pay 14$ for it any day of the week. ;}

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
PatrickAThompson says

Hey DShine!

In addition to everything above, the first thing that stood out to me was the siren sound effect.

I know, in the world of your music \ creation, this siren makes sense and adds to the vibe of the track..

However, if a buyer came across this track for use in their project and love the music – they still wouldn’t buy it. Sound effects are best left to the end user. Allow THEM to put the sirens and vinyl effects in if\where they want to.

You have to remember that a lot of AJ’s music goes in to video projects… Directors need control over their sound effects… If it’s already inside the track, the music (no matter how cool it might be) is not usable.

Consider it like this… When you order blueberry pancakes from a restaurant, you want blueberry pancakes… They serve you blueberry pancakes…. Then, if YOU choose, you can add butter or syrup in whatever amounts you want. If they served you the pancakes with 2 cups of butter swimming in a gallon of syrup, you probably wouldn’t want the pancakes anymore.

Do the music. That’s what buyers are after.

Don’t get discouraged though… Stay at it!!

by
by
by
by
by
by