• Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Am I missing something I guess I never realized..

But there’s no cart system on any of the marketplaces? So, take today for example, we have to purchase around 150 photodune images so… I have to go clickety clickety click 150 times and receive 150 emails.. seriously what year is this?

You can’t have something like a stock photo site with no cart, who buys stock images in singles?

If I missed something please let me know so I can tell my employee he doesn’t have to do this process 150 times… or worse I just go somewhere else.

Thanks

Jonathan

3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

its in the pipe ;-)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

its in the pipe ;-)

Google translation of that comment was exactly what I thought ;)

omg.. my inbox is just filling up…urgh terrible user interface people this is harming sales for authors and Envato – this SHOULD be priority #1 really.

154 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
MNKY says

+1000 This is essential feature for photo stock.

cloud9communication
cloud9communication Recent Posts Threads Started
596 posts
  • India
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
cloud9communication says

Yep add to cart is a good addition and should be on priority basis

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

How will a shopping cart help? You still have to click “add to cart” just like you do with “purchase”?

Just like iTunes, if I want to purchase 10 apps I have to go to each app and click buy….

3192 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

How will a shopping cart help? You still have to click “add to cart” just like you do with “purchase”? Just like iTunes, if I want to purchase 10 apps I have to go to each app and click buy….

but they send one email… you have can have a card tied directly to the account, you can use your wishlist as a “cart” with add then buy all button

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

How will a shopping cart help? You still have to click “add to cart” just like you do with “purchase”? Just like iTunes, if I want to purchase 10 apps I have to go to each app and click buy….

If you can’t see the advantage of a cart in this situation then I’m lost for words….

Here’s another unbelievable missing thing.. wtf is the invoice receipt for purchases for companies? :)

Did anyone sit down and actually use these marketplaces I have to wonder.. I guess I’ve been looking from the author side of the fence for too long really – I’m now amazed people buy from us with these glaringly obvious missing attributes.

629 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Thecodingdude says

If you can’t see the advantage of a cart in this situation then I’m lost for words….

Here’s another unbelievable missing thing.. wtf is the invoice receipt for purchases for companies? :)

Did anyone sit down and actually use these marketplaces I have to wonder.. I guess I’ve been looking from the author side of the fence for too long really – I’m now amazed people buy from us with these glaringly obvious missing attributes.

Because we live with what there is and isn’t. Why don’t you go ahead and write a user script for a client-side shopping cart if you want it that bad. It won’t get rid of all those emails but it’ll be a start.

I’ve wanted tuts+ membership with credit, better search facilities and improved forum features, all of which have been discussed many times but haven’t got yet. You just have to live with that.

I highly doubt this would be implemented quick than all the other valid and most-wanted features.

• Elite Author
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Because we live with what there is and isn’t. Why don’t you go ahead and write a user script for a client-side shopping cart if you want it that bad. It won’t get rid of all those emails but it’ll be a start.

I’ve wanted tuts+ membership with credit, better search facilities and improved forum features, all of which have been discussed many times but haven’t got yet. You just have to live with that.

I highly doubt this would be implemented quick than all the other valid and most-wanted features.

Seriously calm down – I’m fully aware of all the issues on the site as I’ve been an advocate for changes here on the marketplaces for over 4 years now – don’t preach to the preacher – your answer is typical these days of comments here on the forums when people try and highlight areas that NEED changing.

Live with what there is an isn’t and make your own script… come on that’s the most ludicrous statement for bad customer experience I ever heard.

I’ll crawl back in my box and watch these once useful forums and fantastic community spirit continue to go down the drain.

by
by
by
by
by
by