115 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
zigmat says
Not using underline in your links is an amateur mistake if your designing for an older demographic. Younger people know how to follow links if they don’t have an underline however older people need the hand holding. If you’re designing for an older demographic and don’t include underline links it really shows your ineptitude for usability. It sort of says you don’t understand your audiences desire for an easy to use web experience.

We are not talking about underlines.

115 posts
  • Won a competition
zigmat says
2 reasons I can think of: 1. I sometimes don’t because i forgot about it!! 2. Not good for some usability… you can’t use the keyboard for navigation if outlines are none. http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200905/do_not_remove_the_outline_from_links_and_form_controls/

Really. I don’t know no one who browsing sites with TAB and without mouse.

But outlines looks really ugly. Even more if they are white on black :)

41 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
jimmyme says
2 reasons I can think of: 1. I sometimes don’t because i forgot about it!! 2. Not good for some usability… you can’t use the keyboard for navigation if outlines are none. http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200905/do_not_remove_the_outline_from_links_and_form_controls/

Really. I don’t know no one who browsing sites with TAB and without mouse.

But outlines looks really ugly. Even more if they are white on black :)

Agreed. I’m surprised some people don’t use it even if it bothers with their design.. Though sometimes, outlines look fine.

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says

I use it. :)

Personally, I think it looks even uglier when the border shows that the button is actually bigger than I make the user think.

by
by
by
by
by
by