8 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
yurko7 says

http://audiojungle.net/item/piano-1/4812617

It seems to be a beautiful melody, can anyone tell me what’s wrong?

328 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
MValentino says

very nice melody indeed, but maybe the arrangement is too minimal. I love minimal arrangement, but maybe for the market it would work better if strings come in a little sooner (at 0:26) and then the arrangement go in crescendo with some drums…just an option…

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

...oh, and you uploaded it just a week ago, give some time to it and be patient, last month I’ve sold for the first time a track that I uploaded almost a year ago, and it was an extended license…

8 posts
  • Located in Europe
yurko7 says

Thank you very much MValentino

328 posts
+1 more
MValentino says

You’re welcome :)

565 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

Hello yurko7,

I think it’s a beautiful little piano-piece. It’s very calming and as for the melody and general atmosphere I can surely imagine how someone could use this. However, as mentioned, perhaps it’s somewhat too minimalistic. When I was listening I was expecting some cello or viola of sorts. Perhaps even some drums too, like MValentino said. That is not to say you have to do this, I just think it would crank up the emotion by quite abit. But this should sell as it is, don’t worry.

Good luck to you, and happy composing :),

/|\ Coriiander /|\

866 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
MichalskiMusic says

i wold consider renaming this, if you can. The title is the first criteria used in a search. I don’t think Piano 1 is helping you. I see you have the tags “tenderness” and “affection”. You could use this as your title (Tenderness and Affection) and it might draw a few more eyes. Actually, there are a few of your tags that, when put together, would probably make your track more easily found in a search.

Nothing wrong with the track. It is lovely. You just need to get people to the page.

Best wishes, Michael

155 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
wingzara says

A lovely, introspective, warm piece, with a touch of melancholy. Piano is the perfect choice for this.

As per previous suggestions, I would add a cello, viola or chamber strings. I would bring them in around 0:38 to help build the arrangement. Music to be sold usually follows familiar arrangement paths, not because they are better, but because they have been shown to work.

Also, as a second suggestion, and this is a personal preference, I think the intro may work better with a major, rather than a 7th resolution at the end of the first part, around 0:23. This would then be a natural place for the listener to expect another instrument.

I hope this helps.

by
by
by
by
by
by