• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

I think most of the Envato marketplaces have enough awesome items coming in each week to feature four rather than one. This would increase exposure for unique items and make that space a bit more interesting.

What do you think?

73 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
MihaiMarcuta says

I actually think that it’s better the way it is now because being featured is an honour which can not be achieved by every author. If there will be 4 featured items per week then it will lose the current prestige.

178 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
kvendrik says

I actually think that it’s better the way it is now because being featured is an honour which can not be achieved by every author. If there will be 4 featured items per week then it will lose the current prestige.

I’m sorry but I agree with Bluntaxe here, if there would be 4 featured items a week then it would be less awesome to be featured.

934 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
graphicmind says

^ Yes, but on GR for instance there are so many new items each week that it is basically impossible to feature all the amazing ones unless the items featured each week is increased. I understand that not every unique and amazing item can be featured but at least the amount can be increased, right?

Also, I know TF and CC don’t get as many items so you’re probably right that one item is better but maybe only for TF, CC, and the marketplaces that don’t get much volume?

178 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
kvendrik says

^ Yes, but on GR for instance there are so many new items each week that it is basically impossible to feature all the amazing ones unless the items featured each week is increased. I understand that not every unique and amazing item can be featured but at least the amount can be increased, right? Also, I know TF and CC don’t get as many items so you’re probably right that one item is better but maybe only for TF, CC, and the marketplaces that don’t get much volume?

No it’s not about the amount of incoming files in my opinion but more about the honor of getting featured. This would be less of an honor if there would be 3 other authors that are also featured that week.

688 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Costa Rica
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
cooledition says

I’m sorry but I agree with Bluntaxe here, if there would be 4 featured items a week then it would be less awesome to be featured.

+1

1676 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Tean says

Exactly, this defeats the purpose of being featured.

46 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
mfishel says

I think I agree with the one item feature. I have to say that I’m feeling very honored right now because my file Octopus Garden will be featured next week! Thanks Envato!

by
by
by
by
by
by