• Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

Seriously, what is the point of holding a file in the queue for days? If a single reviewer can not reach a conclusion, and therefore must resort to asking the input of other reviewers, shouldn’t they at least get that input before they review the rest of the files in the queue (clearing what files have been in the queue from the point it was held to days past the point those files are cleared)? I’m sure that more than one reviewer has the freedom to operate as their title enables them to, and because of that, shouldn’t what files that are held in the queue be sorted out quickly rather than having been given an unnecessary extended lifetime in the queue that lasts for days while many more files are being reviewed? Hmpf.

What could be the reason that any file gets held for days anyway? If you’re not going to review a file and then put it on lockdown, create a damn option that allows other reviewers to take over the review process of that file. We as authors have a strategy that allows us to entrust our files to those that have the responsibility of judging them. And that process should be precise, accurate, and speedy. It goes against our freedom to practice our strategies because of situations where the process suppresses the flow of a speedy execution.

Could there ever be any kind of cooperation between reviewer and author during this process? One that allows the reviewer to contact the author before passing a sentence upon the files entrusted to their judgement? I mean, c’mon!! Its damn frustrating not knowing why the owner of a file has had his file locked in the queue for more than a day. Communication, please!

731 posts fifty_tons and CodingJack
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
50andJACK says

Seriously, what is the point of holding a file in the queue for days? If a single reviewer can not reach a conclusion, and therefore must resort to asking the input of other reviewers, shouldn’t they at least get that input before they review the rest of the files in the queue (clearing what files have been in the queue from the point it was held to days past the point those files are cleared)? I’m sure that more than one reviewer has the freedom to operate as their title enables them to, and because of that, shouldn’t what files that are held in the queue be sorted out quickly rather than having been given an unnecessary extended lifetime in the queue that lasts for days while many more files are being reviewed? Hmpf.

What could be the reason that any file gets held for days anyway? If you’re not going to review a file and then put it on lockdown, create a damn option that allows other reviewers to take over the review process of that file. We as authors have a strategy that allows us to entrust our files to those that have the responsibility of judging them. And that process should be precise, accurate, and speedy. It goes against our freedom to practice our strategies because of situations where the process suppresses the flow of a speedy execution.

Could there ever be any kind of cooperation between reviewer and author during this process? One that allows the reviewer to contact the author before passing a sentence upon the files entrusted to their judgement? I mean, c’mon!! Its damn frustrating not knowing why the owner of a file has had his file locked in the queue for more than a day. Communication, please!

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

118 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
mflow_n_shucks says

True dat gangstahz

Cheers

Lester

556 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says

Personally I would have thought envato would have a “team” of “paid” reviewers in house. and the review process should be lightning fast above all things.

But its the exact opposite from what I can see.

I dont see how taking around 7 days to review a file, helps this marketplace grow in any way.

Please correct me if im wrong, no pun intended.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

Your file is locked by Staff, not reviewer so we have no right to unlock and review it.

Seriously I think we have done decent job recently to keep the queue short and clean and deserve some credit. Some file were approved under 24 hour but no one thank us once for working over weekend.

but well never mind … keep the complaint coming

5277 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+5 more
CodingJack says

My last file was reviewed and accepted 2 hours after I uploaded it :P

4247 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says

RimV, I’m not taking credit from you, nor am I declining any credit for which you reviewers do your work and and have earned that credit. I won’t deny that you guys do good work. My reason for my own complaint is my frustration for not knowing why my file is locked. I asked for communication. In the process of requesting that communication I suggested a few things that might have helped. Your reply is a perfect example for why such communication would have been a better part of the process of reviewing and locking files. If I had been communicated to about it, I would not have started this thread in the manner I did. Please, communicate better to those who you rely on to have this business. Concerning that much, this request goes out to the entirety of those who are a part of envato.

EDIT

And RimV, thank you for informing me that staff locked my file.

1633 posts fueledweb.com
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Elite Author
+4 more
RimmonTrieu Reviewer says

RimV, I’m not taking credit from you, nor am I declining any credit for which you reviewers do your work and and have earned that credit. I won’t deny that you guys do good work. My reason for my own complaint is my frustration for not knowing why my file is locked. I asked for communication. In the process of requesting that communication I suggested a few things that might have helped. Your reply is a perfect example for why such communication would have been a better part of the process of reviewing and locking files. If I had been communicated to about it, I would not have started this thread in the manner I did. Please, communicate better to those who you rely on to have this business. Concerning that much, this request goes out to the entirety of those who are a part of envato.

EDIT

And RimV, thank you for informing me that staff locked my file.

I’d suggest you to contact support, reviewers have no idea about the issue.

4128 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Community Moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
+9 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

Personally I would have thought envato would have a “team” of “paid” reviewers in house. and the review process should be lightning fast above all things.

But its the exact opposite from what I can see.

I dont see how taking around 7 days to review a file, helps this marketplace grow in any way.

Please correct me if im wrong, no pun intended.

Personally, your a member since July 2010, so stop complaining because I think you should be happy the system is the way it is. I remember the days I started and I would have been 140 out of 140 on Activeden. Waiting 6 days was something normal. As Jack and RimV said, the speed is great now. And I agree with shucks, you wanna shoot yourself sometimes when your file is on hold yet a tone of other files keep going online, but that’s the only issue with the queue. Files are still reviewed much faster!

1657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
+2 more
flashedge says

I agree with Rimmon. Thank you guys and keep up the good work! ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by