Why reviever wants me to improve typography when he thinks my template is just plain wack?

150 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
designsatnight says

After I got 3 WP templates rejected, I tried with a HTML template, and it went from soft reject to hard reject.

First mail:

Your item White Folio – Responsive AJAX Portfolio Template isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

1. Your file has some well done design concepts but you need to put more work on the typography.

2. You will need to make some additional improvements in overall aesthetics and aspects such as graphics and spacing.

3. There are a few inconsistent spacing issues throughout the design.

4. Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the template may just swing the decision in your favor.

You can edit your file and have it reviewed again at http://themeforest.net/item/white-folio-responsive-ajax-portfolio-template/2311028

So I did some updates to line-height, changed font, fixed a few alignment/spacing problems, and another few minor updates, and got this email:

We’re sorry, your item White Folio – Responsive AJAX Portfolio Template has not been approved for sale on ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:

The use of one color across so many elements in the template creates a somewhat “flat” appearance.

Your site looks simplistic and it does not meet our current design standards.

aha. so It’s cool that you made me improve typography, when you knew from the start that you will no way approve this.

I know I will get nowhere with this thread I just want people to read this.

template here

and some of the old ones: template here template here

1452 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

from soft to hard :S, that i don’t understand this one is definitely one for the support.

219 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

Sorry to hear about this :-(

But to me, this seems like a reviewer mixup, i.e. one reviewer was ready to approve while another disliked it altogether. It would be wise to contact support.

150 posts
designsatnight says

Sorry to hear about this :-( But to me, this seems like a reviewer mixup, i.e. one reviewer was ready to approve while another disliked it altogether. It would be wise to contact support.

would be a logical explanation, but it was the same reviewer.

it’s just utter disrespect.

thx for replies guys

1452 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

home staff will contact you or reply to this thread when they see it.

Good luck mate!

150 posts
designsatnight says

I guess I’ll submit a ticket if they don’t.

TF is a nice place when it comes to quality, but they couldn’t be more disrespectful to new authors.

219 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

I guess I’ll submit a ticket if they don’t. TF is a nice place when it comes to quality, but they couldn’t be more disrespectful to new authors.

I don’t think they’re disrespectful, it’s just that the entry point for new authors is way too high, and a bit unfair. I mean, a pro author already knows that TF gives utmost importance to typography, spacing and uniqueness, can reuse many of the previous’ item’s assets, has followers, etc.

Don’t give up, though, I’ve had my share of rejections, but I won’t rest until I get approved. I know it will be half this hard the next time.

Best of luck, friend, Nikos

243 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Web-Culture says

I guess I’ll submit a ticket if they don’t. TF is a nice place when it comes to quality, but they couldn’t be more disrespectful to new authors.

If you are going to contact support I recommend doing it now as they are pretty busy I believe. It took around 5 days for a response a few weeks back.

Good luck, things like this should not be happening.

150 posts
designsatnight says

If you are going to contact support I recommend doing it now as they are pretty busy I believe. It took around 5 days for a response a few weeks back.

Good luck, things like this should not be happening.

thank you for informing me I’ll do it now.

150 posts
designsatnight says

I don’t think they’re disrespectful, it’s just that the entry point for new authors is way too high, and a bit unfair. I mean, a pro author already knows that TF gives utmost importance to typography, spacing and uniqueness, can reuse many of the previous’ item’s assets, has followers, etc.

Don’t give up, though, I’ve had my share of rejections, but I won’t rest until I get approved. I know it will be half this hard the next time.

Best of luck, friend, Nikos

thank you! I’m “not giving up” since January, I don’t even dare to count how many hours I put into this and not getting a dime for it.

I hate to give up but there’s a time to everything.

by
by
by
by
by
by