Why reviever wants me to improve typography when he thinks my template is just plain wack?

2204 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

That’s the spirit man don’t give up I was or is the same way. I am trying to break that and hopefully with my new template being soft rejected because of the images i used in the preview that i had permission to use from the owner, I sent the necessary proof that i was allowed to use the images and filled out my ticket now i am waiting since yesterday, without any response as of now. I honestly think that the reviewing system needs an overhaul because I see a lot of good looking files that are rejected and i think it’s pretty much decided on taste. I also seen files that should not have been approved because they were just not top notch caliber. So i don’t know how it’s decided if a file makes it or not but seriously the answers have to be a lot more coherent than the cut and paste generic points because when you read it and you go through your file it sometimes makes no sense. Specially when you try to get away from the standard for instance typography, as an example a font was not liked but what if the buyer likes the font and nowdays it’s so simple to change fonts either with cufon or fontface that this should not be even an issue. The author choose the font for a reason. I had problems with some of my files getting rejected but i tried to come up with something different or go through the whole template and find problems because we all make mistakes or miss something and this should not have to be pointed out by the reviewer because it’s not their job to find the stuff we miss. I am so organized now thanks to Siddharth helping me a few times pointing not the problem but giving you a clue as to what part to change. So as I said dude don’t give it up you put in a lot of hours and if you give it up then you don’t gain anything for your hard work. Just keep on keeping on.

Cheers

Lester

150 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
designsatnight says

So as I said dude don’t give it up you put in a lot of hours and if you give it up then you don’t gain anything for your hard work.

and if I don’t?

228 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

So as I said dude don’t give it up you put in a lot of hours and if you give it up then you don’t gain anything for your hard work.
and if I don’t?

Well, you can’t expect them to pay you for something that (for them) is sub-par. Their marketplace, their rules…

I know you’re frustrated right now, I’ve also put hundreds of hours on my first template and is still to be accepted, yet, I think in the end, it will be worth it.

150 posts
designsatnight says

228 posts
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

and if I don’t?

Well, you can’t expect them to pay you for something that (for them) is sub-par. Their marketplace, their rules…

I know you’re frustrated right now, I’ve also put hundreds of hours on my first template and is still to be accepted, yet, I think in the end, it will be worth it.
I only expected them to not act like this and just be a little bit helpful and to respect the work I put into this. I was naive.

Have you contacted support yet? Maybe this was all a big mixup? I find it hard to believe that they would soft-reject you only to hard-reject right after, it seems quite odd.

150 posts
designsatnight says

and if I don’t?

I only expected them to not act like this and just be a little bit helpful and to respect the work I put into this. I was naive.
Have you contacted support yet? Maybe this was all a big mixup? I find it hard to believe that they would soft-reject you only to hard-reject right after, it seems quite odd.

yes, I contacted. but I’ve decided to make the template look different and resubmit it. If the reviewer rejected it he’ll not change his mind and approve the same template only because I submit a ticket.

I already put myself into debt with this so some more free work won’t hurt too much.

150 posts
designsatnight says

another rejection

I’m sorry but this is not up to par with our standards and we have to reject this. With further improvements we’ll be able to provide more feedback.

Overall, it has a good starting concept and it seems you’ve aimed for simplicity, but the overall design lacks refinement in its design that would help it stand out as more unique. At this point, you’ll need to improve the design and make it more unique before it will be ready for ThemeForest.

TF is playing games.

150 posts
designsatnight says

No problem I send another.

228 posts
  • Located in Greece
+2 more
corethemes says

No problem I send another.

Another what? :S

2204 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
Nitro_Themes says

Gabor ask support to have another reviewer look at your file like Chan kailoon because going from soft reject to hard reject is B.S. something is not right.

Cheers.

Lester

by
by
by
by
by
by