10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Ana474 says

I see so many beautiful WP blog templates, so stunning some of them are. Why so few ecommerce full screen solutions? I have searched high and low for a nice clean full screen elegant ecommerce template done with either HTML5 or similar and find nearly nothing.

I am not a coder so maybe someone can explain to me why?

I do not have the budget right now to build a site from scratch, but there has to be some solutions for those of us wanting a less cluttered home page, nice laid out web store, and full screen?

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United States
just4ivaylo says

I think the reason for this is because it takes a lot more knowledge to develop ecommerce templates and less people have that knowledge of integrating themes into Magento (and others) compared to coding for WordPress.

Also, the market is relatively small for such templates (again, compared to WordPress).

10 posts
Ana474 says

Yep, I agree a lot more knowledge is needed for an ecommerce template, hence why I think there should be more if that makes sense? I can whip out a Wordpress template easy for myself that looks really decent, but ecommerce? ugh no way

I think ecommerce people looking for templates would pay 3x the amount or more for a really nice one that is unique compared to the same ole sale ole scroll down, featured items blah blah

Just my 2 cents :)

389 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

I think it is more because full screen layouts are not something you associate with e-commerce websites.

10 posts
Ana474 says

Eugeneo,

Why do you think that is?? I think it really all depends on what type of products are being sold and branding, no?

Let me explain. For example, if a site is selling electronics, casual clothing, books, things of this nature I would expect to see the standard website layout of fixed width, scroll down, etc

BUT , on the other hand if one is selling couture clothing, couture goods, or something that is very sophisticated I would expect to see one of 2 things, either a flash site or a liquid (fluid, full screen) site unless they were doing something super interactive with HTML5 . Again, I am not a programmer, so I could be missing some ways sites are laid out.

These are just a few examples, as I am sure there are more branding examples, but in my eyes branding is what defines a site layout, not really anything to do with ecommerce or not.

I suppose it is all in what you shop for online and how you shop. I am personally a very visual person when I shop unless I am looking for bottom basement pricing then I really do not care what the site looks like :)

For example if you saw Chanel (http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-88484) with a static fixed site would it be as exciting? That is just one example of many I suppose.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Greece
elirisgreece says

Hi Ana474 – I know you posted this a year ago but I am currently looking for a full screen eCommerce template for Wordpress and must say, I completely agree with you – Most of the eCommerce solutions are just so dull & visually & functionally unappealing. I don’t sell loads of products, just one exceptional olive oil that I produce with my partner on our own grove – just by its very nature, surely a full screen ecommerce experience is the way to go & I’m surprised there isn’t more themes to choose from.

There are quite a few full screen templates now for wordpress but even though the woocommerce plugin is supposed to work with all wordpress themes, the majority haven’t tested it, don’t support it and certainly don’t advertise it on their demos…seems a shame to me – like you, we can’t be the only (non-programmers) to want an impressive eshop that tells a story through the branding….

Merry Christmas ;-)

p.s. did you find anything decent in the past year? I’m probably going with Kriesi’s Flashlight Theme.

366 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
PixelStores says

I think it is more because full screen layouts are not something you associate with e-commerce websites.

+1 I think this to especially for photography based sites, however i don’t see why a salon or a small niche couldn’t go with a fullscreen website.

by
by
by
by
by
by